Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to build a 29er HT using the hammerschmidt crankset. Does anybody know of a frame to compare/compete with the banshee paradox. The frame has to have iscg tabs to work with the hammerschmidt. Thanks for the help

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
There is only one Paradox. Lynskey might could make up something for a nominal fee. And yes, might could is something you are likely to here in Tennessee :D

Or you could buy a Canfield nimble (for the same price as a Paradox) and send it off to a custom builder to get an ISCG05 installed for another $100-200 plus repaint :eek:ut:

Why are you trying to avoid the Paradox?

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
Easy retrofit.

The ISCG can be installed pretty easily on any frame, by any competent framebuilder. It will of course, ruin a little bit of the paint around the BB shell, but since that's behind the crank anyway, just rattlecan it and go ride.

I imagine someone (best to find a local builder to save the shipping) would do it for $50-100.

-Walt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is banshee still in business? their website is two years old. the paradox is not even listed on their website. i am not avoiding the paradox, jusdt seeing if there is anything to compare it to. if the company is still aroubd, i will probably order one in the next few days.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
mtboard10 said:
is banshee still in business? their website is two years old. the paradox is not even listed on their website. i am not avoiding the paradox, jusdt seeing if there is anything to compare it to. if the company is still aroubd, i will probably order one in the next few days.
the Paradox is new as of late 2009 so the company must still be alive:p They had been discussing this frame a lot on their blog before that

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
AL29er said:
There is only one Paradox. Lynskey might could make up something for a nominal fee. And yes, might could is something you are likely to here in Tennessee :D

Or you could buy a Canfield nimble (for the same price as a Paradox) and send it off to a custom builder to get an ISCG05 installed for another $100-200 plus repaint :eek:ut:

Why are you trying to avoid the Paradox?
Are you from TN? Where from?

Sorry for the derail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts