Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A relationship with bikes question:

I asked my 8YO daughter if her bike was a boy or a girl. Here response was "It's a girl. It's purple. Duh."

So I asked her to tell me the gender of the bikes in the stable:
  • Daughter's purple Specialized Hot Rock - Girl
  • My black 1x1 - Boy
  • My black NRS - Boy
  • Wife's silver Racer-X (with blue rhinestones) - Girl
  • Wife's blue cruiser with foam handlebars - Girl
  • Wife's red Univega - a townie classic! - Boy

I think I need an all-mountain filly with long travel but that's another discussion...

Having seen a coupla threads here where the bikes are referred to as "He looks like a sweet ride" etc etc my question to y'alls is:

Is your bike a boy or a girl?

I accept full responsibility for the lameness of this thread.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
my stumpy is a boy !

My bike is a boy. It has the conservative black suit detailing. There is no purple, pink, or glitering stars on it. It is silver stumpjumper FSR. It is aggressive when climbing and fast when travel downhill.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
All I have is boys.

He's a boy, but young and kinda metrosexual. My favorite.

Old rigid scruffy guy, but has heart.

Used to be my one true love, but the young one has slowly stolen many of his parts away. But come summer and Tahoe, my racer boy will re-emerge

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
both my bikes are girls...Fiesty foes and Get 'Em GT....I could never ride assured knowing I was counting on a male... ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
my geared bike (RM hardtail, black) is a girl - her name is Pip. My singlespeed (burnt orange) is also female, but doesn't have a name. and my road bike (litespeed siena) is most definitely female.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
always girls...

I apologize for posting in the womens forum...my bikes have always been girls (Jess, Calypso, and Circe) but the most recent one, I'm having trouble with the most recent one, its an on-one inbred, its got a picture of a little inbred guy on it, So I guess its the first male bike i've ever had...

·
consistent default champ
747 Posts
Never really thought about it

I talk to my bike sometimes, esp when it is behaving badly. Rockhopper sounds more like a boy but when I am sweet talking it I probably do so with feminine names.

·
MTB Rider
3,007 Posts
Those bikes aren't "metro"

Impy said:
All I have is boys.

He's a boy, but young and kinda metrosexual. My favorite.

Old rigid scruffy guy, but has heart.

Used to be my one true love, but the young one has slowly stolen many of his parts away. But come summer and Tahoe, my racer boy will re-emerge
Those bikes are Miami cross-dressers.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Here's my racer boy. He told me his name on our second ride together. Billy Butter - smooth, sweet, fast and fun.

But my favorite is PaleRider, also male, but camera shy. He's a Litespeed Unicoi softtail currently set up as a 3 speed.

·
Registered
233 Posts
it's a girl

and her name is Aisling (pronounced Ash-leeng) which is a Gaelic name meaning a dream, vision, hope or inspiration...which I find fitting when I'm tackling so many new challenges via the bike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
it's a boy!

TwistedCrank said:
A relationship with bikes question:

Is your bike a boy or a girl?
first was my red and silver specialized stumpjumper fsr pro. he was very handsome and slick; his name was 'ferdinand'. now i own a black turner 5-spot. he's not so purty but is rugged n tuff, so i named him 'angus'! :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
L1MEY
1,487 Posts
Now I think my bike is sad... you ladies all have names for your bikes, and mine is lucky if I call it something rude when I stall out on a hill :(

Would anyone like to have a go at naming my bike? (I'm not sure whether it is a he or a she :confused: )

- Jen.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.