Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
A Surly Maverick
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had a look and it looks to be getting little traffic.
The last `news` was by Cloxxki in MAY!:eekster:
Also there have been some `weird` postings in the Lounge that seem to be unrelated to
29ers.

Is twentyniner.net on its way out ?:confused:

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Real answer?

It became a site for people to post all of their spam, that's what killed it. That and the fact that there was little to no discussion over there unlike there is here. My opinion though is that it was the spam that killed it. It's a good example of what could happen here if the moderators didn't do their jobs and enforce the policies.

·
A Surly Maverick
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it`s true that too much spam can be bad for the helth especially if not taken in MODERATION!

Thanks for the answer Guitar Ted, and yes I agree the discussion here is great!

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
I think a website needs a fully dedicated webmaster. Scott's a passionate 29" lover and great webmaster, but involved in many other websites. I think the design of the website is great, just incomplete.
Even a crappy website can get a loyal following (I do think my site was crap, and now very much dead, www.communityzero.com/29er ). When I had to pay for what used to be a free service, I abandoned, and the site hardly saw any new posts, despite remaining open to members, fully unmoderated.
Sometimes I miss the days of that "Rubber Steamrollers" community. People treated each other with respect, there was no spam as everyone held tight onto their obtained 29" goodness and all new 29" offerings and bike pictures were so excitingly NEW.

I think there's a future for websites like twentyniner.net, with a dedicated (having no other gigs) webmaster, and a team of mods, not just a couple part timers.

Let me express that I deeply respect Scott for taking my dream of having a 29" dedicated site, and making it happen at that level. Too bad that up to now, it's not been what he hoped it would be. Perhaps in part my fault, I might have posted a bit more news since May?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.