Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I like Squishy Bikes
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
Pete's head is making me DIZZY

I've only been riding my Ellsworth Isis SL for 3 years.
and its never broken :D.
I've been trying to upgrade to a 2004 for free.
<img src="http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/pedal1(5).jpg">
No luck so far. :mad:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TruckeeLocal said:
Many, many, many times before.
So sorry.

Here's one that has never been on the net before, especially for you!

It's my RamaHanna-KwanzMas present to you! Happy Holidays!

 

·
the Truth will set u free
Joined
·
71 Posts
Since we're showing off Ellsworth's...

...here are my two Truth's, neither of which has ever given me a lick of trouble. YMMV, but I'm very happy with my Ellsworth's.

My 1998 Truth:


My 2001 Truth:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Can't seem to break my Id!

Pete, can you help me out?
At 235/240 lbs, I've been abusing this thing for just about two years now and I haven't been able to break mine yet. I really want the new style upper swingarm links so I can fit a larger rear tire.

Do you think you can make a short trip to Florida and ride mine for a while and break it?

Your Ellsworth trashing style would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Redriderpro said:
Pete, can you help me out?

Do you think you can make a short trip to Florida and ride mine for a while and break it?
Sorry.

There is no way in hell that I would road trip to Florida to "mountain bike."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
RE:Trip to Florida

Sorry to here that..( you know we do have mountains here, well. inverted mountains... some people call them old Phosphate pits)

If you ever do somehow end up here, check this link for our clubs local trails. ( Alafia is probably our best local area)

http://homepage.mac.com/weseubank/PhotoAlbum18.html

I'll have to try and find you my next trip out West for some "real" mountins.( we do several trips per year)

Guess I gotta keep trying to break it my self.
 

·
Hill crawler
Joined
·
314 Posts
Pete, Pete, Pete

Apparently Pete.'s upgrade wasn't so cheap. First he had to appologize to Ellsworth's customer service folks :-O Even though Ellsworth already knew his frame was defective and wanted it back under a recall :-( I guess Pete didn't want to give it back to get it fixed before he broke it. Bummer your frame is working so well. Maybe that's just how it's supposed to be.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TruckeeLocal said:
Apparently Pete.'s upgrade wasn't so cheap. First he had to appologize to Ellsworth's customer service folks :-O Even though Ellsworth already knew his frame was defective and wanted it back under a recall :-( .
Are you high or what?

That's a crock of bullshit. A huge one in fact.

TruckeeLocal said:
I guess Pete didn't want to give it back to get it fixed before he broke it..
Another lie. That's 2 for 2.

TruckeeLocal said:
Bummer your frame is working so well. Maybe that's just how it's supposed to be.
You must be drunk or stoned.

I have no idea how well that frame is working.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TruckeeLocal said:
You broke the same bike twice in the same place ?
No.

I broke it once.

That's another picture.

Is it really that hard to follow?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
mbmb65 said:
Are you kidding or what? I'd say you have nothing to be proud of or brag about. You have a brutal and vicious family of ********! Yay! :madmax:
At that time dog fighting was widely accepted and the way it happened was much more "humane" if you will. Today you hear dog fighting and you think ********, or thugs etc. Dead dogs everywhere, pit bulls attacking people. Back then, there were rules and a dogs owner could throw the fight at anytime and pick up his dog before they were seriously injured beyond repair and he was not frowned upon for doing so. A true dogman was very respected and he also would have made a pretty good vet. It wasnt done for the money, it was done for the name and for the sport and the dogs loved it the same way a blue healer loves to herd cattle or a sled dog loved to haul a sled around for hundreds of miles in freezing cold weather. Some people would argue that that is cruel.

It wasnt illegal then. Now that it is illegal we have other ways to let out dogs work like agility, dock diving, weight pulling, etc. I do not condone in dog fighting but i do choose to know the history of the breed that i choose. I use some of the same techniques to exercise them because they were they ultimate athletes of their time and still are today.

Just because you dont understand it or agree with doesnt mean you go around calling people ********. There are many things that were accepted in that time that are now very illegal today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
The Diesel said:
At that time dog fighting was widely accepted and the way it happened was much more "humane" if you will. Today you hear dog fighting and you think ********, or thugs etc. Dead dogs everywhere, pit bulls attacking people. Back then, there were rules and a dogs owner could throw the fight at anytime and pick up his dog before they were seriously injured beyond repair and he was not frowned upon for doing so. A true dogman was very respected and he also would have made a pretty good vet. It wasnt done for the money, it was done for the name and for the sport and the dogs loved it the same way a blue healer loves to herd cattle or a sled dog loved to haul a sled around for hundreds of miles in freezing cold weather. Some people would argue that that is cruel.

It wasnt illegal then. Now that it is illegal we have other ways to let out dogs work like agility, dock diving, weight pulling, etc. I do not condone in dog fighting but i do choose to know the history of the breed that i choose. I use some of the same techniques to exercise them because they were they ultimate athletes of their time and still are today.

Just because you dont understand it or agree with doesnt mean you go around calling people ********. There are many things that were accepted in that time that are now very illegal today.

I hope you haven't been storing all that for 6 years......
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top