Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This adaptor just seems big being that the DT Swiss EXC 150 forks are PM already, is this the right adaptor? I'm running 180mm on the front, and I saw a pic of the Magura forks with the Marta SL (180mm) brakes and there's no adaptor.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
No they shouldn't..... Some people use 160mm rotors.

Can i ask why you "need" 180mm rotors though on that bike? From it's build im guessing its not getting thrown about much, from your pic you dont look too heavy. Have you tried a 160mm rotor on it ?

I had that adapter myself for my ultimates with a 180mm rotor - it looks terrible IMO ! I tried a 160mm rotor and stuck with it enough power for my needs.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Actually, it's not the right adapter, the brakes are Magura, the adapter is Shimano! LOL.

Thanks for posting that picture. I just bought the QM-6 adapter (Magura version), and wondered which direction it should be mounted on the fork (mine doesn't have an arrow indicating "UP" like yours)...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.