Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My handlebars were slightly above my seat level, so I decided to reverse the stem to slightly drop the handlebars below seat level. Is this normal to do or should I have taken out the spacers instead?

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Stem reversal, stem height via spacers, different rise bars, etc. just puts your hands in a proper position (hopefully), and how you do it is up to you.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I like where the bars lie, but I'd like to bring my arms in a little so I guess I'll have to try out shorter stems. How do you know what size to get? Can the LBS have me try out different stems at the store?

Also, I'm only 3 rides into this new bike. Maybe I'm becoming more self aware of how I feel the more I ride it, but is this normal also to switch things around after buying a new bike?

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Many shops are very good about wanting to make sure your bike fits well and won't have any problem letting you swap out a stem. Once you become more aware of how you like a bike to fit you, you won't experiment so much but it can take a while to find what works best for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Many shops are very good about wanting to make sure your bike fits well and won't have any problem letting you swap out a stem. Once you become more aware of how you like a bike to fit you, you won't experiment so much but it can take a while to find what works best for you.
Sounds like a good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.