Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a new bike via FedEx this morning. Looks like something hit the frame on the top tube before packaging that got missed. I'll start the warranty process once they open in about an hour, but wanted to get a little feedback.

The plastic pulled back is just frame wrap, but you can see the chip. It doesn't look to me to be cracked or damaged beyond that, and I'd like to ride it until the warranty part gets here.

Is this OK to ride?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just received a new bike via FedEx this morning. Looks like something hit the frame on the top tube before packaging that got missed. I'll start the warranty process once they open in about an hour, but wanted to get a little feedback.

The plastic pulled back is just frame wrap, but you can see the chip. It doesn't look to me to be cracked or damaged beyond that, and I'd like to ride it until the warranty part gets here.

Is this OK to ride?

Thanks

That is unacceptable. You paid good money and did not get what you ordered. Demand they send a new one.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rideable, can fill in with nail polish if you like. If it bothers you, get it covered via warrantee, but you'll create more of those as you ride.
Yep that seems like the plan after talking to them is just a new wrap and maybe paint....I know slightly more than nothing about carbon and didn't wanna make something worse. Now that i know it's cool I'm good and I'm sure I'll have more.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You ride The Shed; your legs probably get that many "scars" from the rocks flying up and hitting them every ride.
Yep you're exactly right. Just did the first ride at the Shed. The Shed didn't get to make the first scratch, but did make the second.

Big difference though... have been on a 120f/127r 26er. 150/135 29er is a huge change for the better, especially when it gets rough(er)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.