Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Custom User Title:
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Trance and I just got a Thompson seat post of it (30.9x410). The new post is longer than the old one and is in far as it can go in to the seat tube it bottomed out. It is at the correct height for me to ride, I just need to know if this is safe for the frame or do I need to trim it down?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
cigargreg said:
I have a Trance and I just got a Thompson seat post of it (30.9x410). The new post is longer than the old one and is in far as it can go in to the seat tube it bottomed out. It is at the correct height for me to ride, I just need to know if this is safe for the frame or do I need to trim it down?
No problem. The more you insert the seat post into the seat tube, the better. You can't go the other way around. You need to respect the minimal insertion point or you'll rip the seat tube off.

The main drawbakc with this set-up is that you can't lower your seat whenever you need it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.