Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this offer for a free garmin gps is for real. It looks legit from what the people on the Fatwallet forum are saying.

check it out.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/831034

wondering if anyone here has heard about it. from what i can tell it says you get the gps if you apply and activate a Discover credit card.

Maybe I'll give it a shot and worst case if I don't get it I'll just cut up the card. :thumbsup:

·
EDR
10,584 Posts
I won't even click the link.

Nothing is free. Whether the ultimate cost is money or time it's almost never worth a second look. Unless you like that kinda stuff where you sit thru a 90 minute high pressure time share sale for a condo in Sedona, lol. I am not one of those people.

·
EDR
10,584 Posts
Ok, so I came back to click on that link. It's legit and as far as I can tell from the Terms and Conditions all you must do is apply, be approved for, and make a purchase with the Discover Card. Nowhere did I see a stipulation of the amount, if any you must charge. I would look for that.

Bottom line is that the Nuvi200 can be had for as little as $130 bucks right now, so for a multibillion dollar credit card company to give away a few hundred or even a few thousand of these is peanuts if it means they have you using their credit card and incruing finance charges.

It also appears that some units are shipped with outdated mapping software. If you are not familiar with Garmin then you may not know that they charge about $75 for software updates. Keep in mind you will probably be put on 10 different mailing lists as well.

Still, not a scam, you just need to decide if it's for you.

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
There is a coupon for 50 bucks off a Nuvi 200 (through Best Buy) at Slickdeals. Best Buy has it on sale for 149.99 right now. I walked out the door with mine yesterday for 105 bucks :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.