Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my bike, and I noticed that the paint around my water bottle bosses was coming, and it looks like the bosses themselves are coming up. Is this ghetto? Here is a link of pics of what is happening:

http://www.geocities.com/sonyisdope/ghettoornot.html?1090640405303

Should I take this up with Dean? Or does this happen? :confused:

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Not ghetto just poor quality. The bosses are inserted and welded in place. In your case not well.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
They are usually crimped.

Evel Knievel said:
Not ghetto just poor quality. The bosses are inserted and welded in place. In your case not well.
to install bosses, they drill a hole in the tube, insert the boss and crimp it to the frame tube with a special crimper tool. I have an ongoing issue where the crimping comes loose, and I have to recrimp it every now and again or my water bottle rattles around on the frame. Soulds like the crimp is coming loose. Your LBS should be able to re-crimp it for you.

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Due to the springy nature of Ti , I believe they tack weld them.

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
My mistake its a steel Dean.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Ghetto is when you drop your 7" travel bike so the pedals almost touch the ground, put on customized chromed Crossmax wheels, put alcool in your Camelbak and you carry a loaded gun under your leather saddle...

·
Registered
571 Posts
That't not ghetto, just poor quality.

Ghetto would have been if you went to the supermarket and got those twist ties in the produce section and used them to mount your water bottle cage, which you fashioned out of wire clothes hangers to hold an empty coke can that you use as a water bottle. Now that is ghetto. A Dean bike and the word ghetto don't usually appear in the same sentance. :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Like it or not

this is a fact of life now in major Metro Areas now and more and more in the country as whole. New Jersey looks like another country now compared to when I grew up in the 70's and 80's. The language isn't the only thing that has suffered in our culture, just look around you or watch TV and you'll know what I am talking about.

Sorry to go off topic but just wanted to respond.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.