Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a new frame, I ran into a local seller asked $900 for a pretty much new 05 S Works Enduro with DHX 5 and CK headset.

Is this frame worth it?

Thanks

Same frame

·
dirt visionary
6,506 Posts
yes...

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
letoan said:
I was looking for a new frame, I ran into a local seller asked $900 for a pretty much new 05 S Works Enduro with DHX 5 and CK headset.

Is this frame worth it?

Thanks

Same frame
I bought an '06 Expert (I don't think there's any difference between the Aluminum frames aside from the decal) with a DHX 5 last year for $400. $900 seems steep considering it's an '05 and the CK headsets can be had all day for $100 new.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
hell no, thats way overpriced. even if you buy it new you wont get the spesh warranty (unless its a bike shop of course). even with the dhx and ck headset, i wouldnt say the pack is worth more than 650 (saw the frames online used for about 500)

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
e-bo-b said:
(I don't think there's any difference between the Aluminum frames aside from the decal).
Actually, I'm wrong. The Sworks AL Enduros are made of the lighter M5 instead of the stronger A1, as Sanjuro pointed out in the "Why go M5" thread. I double checked him on their site, and he's correct for a change.:thumbsup:

Still, not worth it.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
e-bo-b said:
Actually, I'm wrong. The Sworks AL Enduros are made of the lighter M5 instead of the stronger A1, as Sanjuro pointed out in the "Why go M5" thread. I double checked him on their site, and he's correct for a change.:thumbsup:

Still, not worth it.
If you have forgotten, I also advised you to buy the newer version of the Enduro. You ignored my sage advice and purchased two old-style Enduros before getting over your bitterness about being wrong and buying a new one.

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
sanjuro said:
If you have forgotten, I also advised you to buy the newer version of the Enduro. You ignored my sage advice and purchased two old-style Enduros before getting over your bitterness about being wrong and buying a new one.
Are you ever going to let me live that down?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Whitedog said:
05 S-works w/5th element shock, no headset for $500 Buy It Now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SPECIALIZED-S-W...ryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

06 S-works w/DHX air and headset, sold @ $560:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Specialize...ryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I recently bought a pretty much new 05 S-works Enduro frame with 5th element, CK headset, and crankset for $575
Yeah, $900 is overpriced. That '06 is now mine, just bought it this afternoon...man, you're on top of things! :D The frame was supposedly only ridden once and is in superb condition...we'll see. The pics looked flawless. I wouldn't go much above $600 on these frames from the sales I've been watching.

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
titusquasi said:
Yeah, $900 is overpriced. That '06 is now mine, just bought it this afternoon...man, you're on top of things! :D The frame was supposedly only ridden once and is in superb condition...we'll see. The pics looked flawless. I wouldn't go much above $600 on these frames from the sales I've been watching.
Nice, you'll love it. Mine '06 was great but I needed a better fork. That was enough reason for me to spring for an SL.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

·
Urban Ninja
2,381 Posts
Whitedog said:
05 S-works w/5th element shock, no headset for $500 Buy It Now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SPECIALIZED-S-W...ryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

06 S-works w/DHX air and headset, sold @ $560:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Specialize...ryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I recently bought a pretty much new 05 S-works Enduro frame with 5th element, CK headset, and crankset for $575
Man. Can I get you to do my e-shopping? I need a new 08 Epic frame for $600. Go forth :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts