Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Hi , I am looking to buy a derailleur but, I am confused... Is this derailleur for Mountain bike or road bike ?

Amazon.com: Shimano Alivio RD-M430L 9 Speed Rear Derailleur (Black/ Silver): Sports & Outdoors

I am going to mount it in this frame:

Specialized Bicycle Components

I know I can get better ones but I cant afford them right now...

Thanks a lot for your help!
"Montain"? What's that?

The derailleur will work on any type of frame with a 9-sp Shimano drivetrain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your getting a S-Works frame and putting Alivio on it...way to buck the establishment man, bravo!
I know man it really sucks... but, I am from Venezuela and I am only allow to buy certain amount dollars a year and this would be a solution to replace the broken one...

·
Registered
14,894 Posts
Much better to have an Alivio derailleur on a nice frame than an XTR on a Wal-Mart bike, the derailleur won't change the ride.

·
Trail Tire TV on blogger
4,237 Posts
It will work fine, but for just a few dollars more, you look for a Deore Shadow M592 (not M593 which is 10-speed).

Amazon.com: Shimano Deore SGS RD-M592 Rear Derailleur (9-Speed, Long Cage, Black): Sports & Outdoors
or if you want to save more instead,.. it's basically the same derailleur you are looking at but last yrs model.. click the silver color and it's even cheaper...
Amazon.com: Shimano Alivio RD-M430 Rear Derailleur - 9-Speed, Black: Sports & Outdoors

1 - 9 of 9 Posts