Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i'm Paul and this is my first post so go easy..
Picked my first ever mountain bike up today from a friend for £50.....
He said he bought it second hand a year ago and it had sat in his house ever since.
Can some one take a quick look and let me know if its any good.
you can find some picks here....

https://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g283/nokiafusion/

thanks...

just found this on the net:

* Dual Suspension 17" 6061 Aluminium mainframe with aluminium swing arm. Replaceable gear hanger. Profiled top and down tubes with headstock gusset. Kindshock 290 oil damped rear suspension unit with adjustable preload.
* Suntour XCT suspension forks with adjustable preload and ISO disc brake mount. Shimano STI levers with powerful Tektro alloy Vee brakes. Frame Colour :Metallic Grape & Black.
* Shimano Altus 24 speed indexed gears with Shimano STI button shifters, Shimano front & rear derailleurs. Shimano 12T-32T rear 8sp cassette. Truvativ X-Flow 24T 34T 44T chainset.
* Ritchey Girder XC alloy rims with black spokes & black Quando cassette hubs with quick release levers. 26" X 2.1 Ritchey Z-Max blackwall tyres.
* Alloy Aheadset Stem & alloy 560mm XC riser bars. Truvativ X-Flow cranks with cartridge bottom bracket system. Ritchey cartridge aheadset, Ritchey Vector saddle. Black alloy micro-adjust seatpost.

The Viking VK300 is an opportunity to stand out from the crowd, rather than a heavy lookey likey, this Viking MTB it is a lightweight state of the art dual suspension mountain bike. It features a full length 23" top tube on its 6061 custom aluminium 17" frame, this with a great selection of lightweight components by Ritchey, Tektro & Shimano combine to make a great package. The full aluminium frame is equipped with a kindshock 290 oil damped suspension unit with adjustable preload for superior control. Upfront the VK200 is fitted with the Suntour SF-XCT suspension fork with adjustable preload. ISO Disc mounts on both the frame & Suntour fork. The Shimano 24 speed wide ratio transmition it is equipped for even the steepest of hills, providing smooth shifting in all conditions.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Looks like "some cheap bike" ... I am not familiar with the brand but all the parts I see are pretty low level stuff. That is not necessarily the end of the world, but does not really inspire confidence either.

not sure it is up to hitting the serious trails. Meaning: no clue about durability and how it handles. Probably OK as long as you don't ride it into any "rough" spots.

Have you ridden it? Is everything working? Is it a good size for you? Do you feel like you are in control and not the bike?

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
It is not the best deal around, but I don't think you got ripped off either. I would bet that you could keep it on some beginner trails and be fine.

·
Bushwacker
465 Posts
Tried and true single pivot, go out and ride and have fun. See if you can pick up a better shock off ebay to swap out that Kind shock, maybe a Rockshox with motion control to keep pedal bob in check..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.