Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am about to go pick up a new stumpjumper tomorrow, and my friend just purchased lasted years model 2007 GT idrive 5 2.0

I am gonna have one bike, but if i can get a nice light weight dually i would probably prefer that.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The iDrive 5 2.0 is a pretty good bike, I think. My buddy has an iDrive 5 4.0. The '5' means that it has 5.5" of rear travel. The 2.0 implies that it has a higher parts level.

The only real complaint about the frame is that it is a bit heavy due to the complexity of the rear suspension but the rear suspension works quite well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been riding a 2007 iDrive 5 4.0 for about 6 months now. The 4.0 has the bottom end component package, but I have had no issues with anything breaking or keeping up on the trail. I ride mostly technical cross country, but I do a little downhill as well. I've beat the crap out of this bike and it has held up great. It is a bit heavy, but the iDrive package kicks but on hill climbs. The 2.0 package is supposedly a pretty good component package so I would say it is a great deal.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The GT is really solid. WMB's "bike of the year" for 2007, actually. Can't be beat for the price.Make sure it is really the '07 though....price sounds like '06. The '07 will not have the tall, straight top tube that the '06 does.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just got myself an i-drive marathon, and although I ride mostly cross country, I've found the suspension system to be really great. Extremely active under power and braking and doesn't bottom out harshly (yet) but uses all it's travel. It does bob a bit, but if you had even a bit of pro pedal on the shock (mines just a float r) it would be non-existent, I don't mind it though as I like to know the shock is active, and it doesn't feel like it's robbing my power.

The best thing about the bike I think is what it can climb up. It sticks really well and doesn't have any pedal feedback. I'm going in an XC race this Sunday so I will see if the bobbing really bugs me then I guess.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Venomos said:
Did you pick which one or buy one yet ougeta? What did you go with and why?
Mine is an I-drive 4 2. I bought it for pretty cheap from the bike store I work at. Went with the 2 as the only other we had in the store was the carbon, but I didn't want to spend much over $2000 and I got the 2 for just under.

·
Registered
116 Posts
my local performance in Reston, Viginia is selling I drive 5.0 for 699

here is their info
# Reston
11634 Plaza America Dr
Phone: 703-464-5917

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.