Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at buying a bike and i came around a salsa ala carte on here being sold use...and i wanted to know how you guys felt about the frame, wheels, and parts

For Sale a 2004 Salsa Ala carte, I purchased the frame with only 2 rides on it and built it up with parts from my 2004 stumpjumper pro. All components are either new or less than 250 miles.

Shimano XT hydraulic front and rear brakes
Shimano XT hydraulic disc/ integrated shifters
Shimano XT hollowtech 2 piece crank
Shimano XT bottom bracket
Shimano XTR rear deraiuller
Shimano XT front deraiuller (new)
Shimano XT disc hubs on mavic xc717 rims
Shimano Xt cassette
Cane creek headset(new)
Thompson seatpost (new)
Thompson stem (new)
Specialized low rise bar
Specialized seat
2003 rock shox sid race team with lockout

i'm not a fan of the sid....but other then that I can get it for about 1300...even though i think i might have to ask him to come down, because of my pocket book

oh sorry for posting in this forum, i posted in the other topic area but got no response on my last post..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thats what i was figuring...light steel frame, xt components, sid shock...I just wanted to make sure...i'm still looking at a full suspension trek 90 or something like that....I need to upgrade that frame to a chris king headset and some lighter wheels but the guy weighed the bike at 24.75lbs

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
She is a beauty

rjahr01 said:
i'm looking at buying a bike and i came around a salsa ala carte on here being sold use...and i wanted to know how you guys felt about the frame, wheels, and parts

For Sale a 2004 Salsa Ala carte, I purchased the frame with only 2 rides on it and built it up with parts from my 2004 stumpjumper pro. All components are either new or less than 250 miles.

Shimano XT hydraulic front and rear brakes
Shimano XT hydraulic disc/ integrated shifters
Shimano XT hollowtech 2 piece crank
Shimano XT bottom bracket
Shimano XTR rear deraiuller
Shimano XT front deraiuller (new)
Shimano XT disc hubs on mavic xc717 rims
Shimano Xt cassette
Cane creek headset(new)
Thompson seatpost (new)
Thompson stem (new)
Specialized low rise bar
Specialized seat
2003 rock shox sid race team with lockout

i'm not a fan of the sid....but other then that I can get it for about 1300...even though i think i might have to ask him to come down, because of my pocket book

oh sorry for posting in this forum, i posted in the other topic area but got no response on my last post..
hopefully the seller doesn't see this thread.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see why it would bother him...hell I could be buying it off ebay...or from a local guy...but I have heard some good things about salsa and some bad things about sid so i wanted to get other people's reactions...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thats a good deal! take a minute to browse on ebay you can usually get nice hardtails for in the $1000 range.
-Sam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts