Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made an offer on this bike of £750. I‘m looking to do some cross country races when COVID allows. Is this a good bike to get started on? I heard Huffy was a good American brand.

16921373-16BE-4600-87F8-6A8BD881D073.jpeg

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,327 Posts
Looks good from here.

Reactions: Crankout

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,174 Posts
paying £750 on a bike that cost £100 new ?

OK

at any rate
if you race that
and pump actual local fast guy watts into it,
it'll crumble and bend and become unridable by lap 2

ya got me

Reactions: Crankout

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Huffy, at one point had a pro xc mountain bike rider in the 90s. He was a mountain bike action magazine test rider.

They made him a custom $3k hard tail back in the 90s.

To add, Huffy also hired a pro bmx rider back in the 90s and had a line of serious bmx bike.

The bike in your picture doesn’t apply to any of the above cases.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks good to me. Nice stiff one piece cranks, good foot retention on those pedals, low chance of dropping chain and derailleur into spokes due to dork disk, and plenty of reflectors so you are visible on those night time road stages.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The OP is just trolling.
I don't think a lot of people got that. I had to check his previous posts to make sure he wasn't a beginner who was actually serious.

·
furker
200 Posts
I heard Huffy was a good American brand.
Wrong. Huffy (pronounced hoof-AYE) is a fine French bike maker, and is imported only by fine bike importers. Like the the exclusive French "Tar-CHAY" stores, with their logo that resembles the roundel on planes in the French Airforce.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Excellent deal! I'd say it's race-worthy and nimble, whippable, cushy-feeling all day long.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Most folks remove the rear spoke protector ring to reduce weight. Important: Leave the reflectors on as they help provide visibility to the riders overtaking you.

·
Cycologist
7,513 Posts
Red would be faster

1 - 18 of 18 Posts