Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
For a 2005....I'm not sure because I got my 2006 Dakar for $527 plus tax. But the specs are pretty much the same as the 2006 except for the breaks and the wheelset. The only reason I got mine so cheap was because it was a closeout deal and they marked it down a ton with 20% off, so it was a steal. Even though it has linear pull breaks it already has the mounts & hubs for it so those can easily be converted, and as I said the specs are almost exactly the same. This is just my opinion, so hopefully somebody else chimes in to see if it is a good deal or not.

- Joe

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see, btw, apparently they are able to ship the bike and sell over telephone [ unlike other companies ].

Im not worried about the discs, but worried about the rims (Weinmann Zac 2000????)

·
Registered
119 Posts
taikuodo said:
I see, btw, apparently they are able to ship the bike and sell over telephone [ unlike other companies ].

Im not worried about the discs, but worried about the rims (Weinmann Zac 2000????)
Weinmann rims are typically an alloy rim which you will find on lower end bikes. Not sure about the Zac 2000. I do know that you can order Weinmann through J&B.

·
Registered
129 Posts
taikuodo said:
http://www.barriessports.com/index.php?module=store_listings&action=view_listing&listing=507
$550 shipped for that exact 2005 Jamis Dakar..
Nowadays theres the Warrior Trail DS and the like..
I have the exact same bike..2005 left over.I picked it up about 6 months ago and love it.I actually paid about $600-625 i think,so that seems like a pretty good deal.I'm also thinking about getting another Jamis in the spring..Diablo 2.0 this time.
Their customer service reputation,etc were great.The company is even getting ready to put together a customer get together at a local resturant in my area.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thats pretty cool having Jamis put a gathering for all the local riders. From the Dakar to the Diablo 2.0 is a pretty big jump. You doing bigger stuff now or going different places that your dakar can't handle? Just curious and good luck with it. I'm doing kind of the same thing except from Dakar to Heckler. My Dakar will still be put to use when I do easy trail / cross country stuff and my Heckler will be used for when I go bigger on DH and light freeride.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Samething here Joe. I love the Dakar for XC,single track,etc,but shortly after i got it i met a few new friends through my shop's owner and thet are big into DH/FR. Well i started to go to Diablo Freeride park with them and now i'm hooked. My shops owner is even letting me demo a Diablo 2.0 till i have the funds to purchase it.(for free)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.