Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a used demo Blur from a LBS. I want to know if this is a good deal or not. The LBS will give me the full warranty on the bike as if it's new. I would just get a new Blur, but I don't want to wait the 2-3 weeks to get it. Also, I really like the feel of the demo. The shop is asking 2800 for it.

Here are the specs that I have:

Blur '04 Anodized frame
Fox TALAS Fork
Bontrager Race Disc Wheelset
XT Shifter pods and Front Derailleur
XTR Rear Derailleur
AVID Juicy 7 Brakes
Thomson seatpost
Terry Fly saddle
Cane Creek S2 Headset
Bontrager stem and riser bar

I'm positive they would take care of me if something were to happen to the bike

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
If it were me, I would just get a new one. There's nothing quite like a virgin bike and knowing that you're the one who put every scratch on it:) I guess I just like to know the history. My 'ideal' part spec would be different too- more of a SRAM drivetrain and heavier duty wheels for added stiffness and durability.

You don't have to wait 2-3 weeks, if you don't want to. Just go on Santa Cruz's web site and start calling dealers looking for the exact color and size that you want and have them send it.

cripen said:
I'm looking at buying a used demo Blur from a LBS. I want to know if this is a good deal or not. The LBS will give me the full warranty on the bike as if it's new. I would just get a new Blur, but I don't want to wait the 2-3 weeks to get it. Also, I really like the feel of the demo. The shop is asking 2800 for it.

Here are the specs that I have:

Blur '04 Anodized frame
Fox TALAS Fork
Bontrager Race Disc Wheelset
XT Shifter pods and Front Derailleur
XTR Rear Derailleur
AVID Juicy 7 Brakes
Thomson seatpost
Terry Fly saddle
Cane Creek S2 Headset
Bontrager stem and riser bar

I'm positive they would take care of me if something were to happen to the bike