Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm looking at buying my first high end bike and would like to get some opinions from
some more exprience riders if this looks like a good deal. Are the components good quality
and so on. the bike is not local so i cant go see it in person. here is a list of components.
The price is 1660.00

Thanks, Ted

Niner EMD frame- size medium
RockShox Reba SL 100mm fork (it says race, but that is just sticker.)
Shimano XT hubs, Mavic 317disc rims DT spokes, brass nipples
SRAM X9 shifters
Sram X9 rear Derailleur
Shimano SLX front Derailleur
Shimano SLX 11-34 cassette
Sram 970 Chain
Race Face Evolve XC cranks 22,32,44t 175mm length
WTB Exiwolf Kevlar bead tires
Niner Flat handlebar
Cane Creek S-3 headset
Race Face Evolve stem - 100mm 6degree
Race Face Deus seat post 410mm
Niner/WTB Silverado saddle
Avid BB7 brakes and levers
Origin-8 lock-on grips

·
Registered
20 Posts
seems a bit hight to me. I bought a very lightly used 2008 Jet9 last spring for 2200 and it had all XT components. To me $1400 seems a little more appropriate. My JEt was only 2 months old when I bought it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Great Frame for Aluminum, Good Fork, So So Wheels & Decent Components.

I am assuming of course that everything is BRAND NEW.

If possible I might try to negotiate down around $200

You can google every one of those parts and total it up. The wheel set is roughly $225 in case you can't find them.

Totally decent build but I don't think I would pay $1,600

PF

·
Registered
266 Posts
Unless this is a brand new build, keep looking. Go new and get a proper fit and warranty. Now is a great time to shop: slow economy, lots of inventory that needs to go, and many brands/models to choose. Google is your friend...it helped me find a entry level SS I wanted at dealer cost.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Buying a used bike on the internet is just asking for problems. If he claims it only has a few rides on it, different story but otherwise...no way.

The thought of buying something used that you have never seen in person just scares me.
There are tons of honest people out there but there are also some shady people.
I have learned my definition of like new is very different than other people's opinion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.