Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this dirtbag for $1200 and wanted to know if you all that it was a good deal:

-Frame: 2004 Transition Dirtbag (M)
-Fork: Marzocchi Super T Pro w/integrated stem
-Shock: 5th Element 3way
-Derailuer: Shimano XT
-Brakes: Hayes 8" Mag front, Hayes 8" Nine rear
-Cranks: MRP Bones
-Chainguide: MRP unit
-Front Wheel: Azonic Outlaw
-Rear Wheel: Atomlab trailpimp 24" w/ XT Hub
-Saddle: Azonic loveseat

Any issues with a freeride/DH rig that's 4 years old? How is the Super T? Would use the bike mainly for technical DHing, not a big hucker.

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awww man, I didn't even notice that. I guess it's easy enough to get a decent 26" incher though.

I've emailed him about how he used it, hucks, DH races, etc and the over all condition of the frame/bushings/shock, etc.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Kind of a funky build on that. I wonder what the DB would handle like with a 24" rear and a super-T on the front. Super slack. Super T is still a reliable fork, but getting parts for it is getting harder.

The deal is so/so The older Dirtbag frames have limited shock choices since they can't fit a piggy-back

After 4 years, aluminum dh/fr bikes are reaching the end of their lives from the abuse that the sports takes. I'd imagine the DB being as burly as they always are is still in good shape, but not knowing it's history I can't promise anything

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"The older Dirtbag frames have limited shock choices since they can't fit a piggy-back"

Thanks, exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for since I'm not all to familiar with the different generations of Transition bikes.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
tristan2ride said:
"The older Dirtbag frames have limited shock choices since they can't fit a piggy-back"

Thanks, exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for since I'm not all to familiar with the different generations of Transition bikes.
If you can find a 2006 edition dirtbag, you have better shock options, but the 04 runs things like the Vanilla RC, Romic, 3-way etc... You could run a Push'd Vanilla and it would be a good setup, but after getting a new rear wheel, and a better shock you're into the bike for almost 1500 at the low estimate.

·
Registered
769 Posts
i think it's too much
just fyi...it took a week to move my 08 dirtbag that was used 10 times with an 08 domain 318 180, roco rear, holzfeller cranks, juicy 5's, deity bars and saddle, rhynolite xl laced to xt, and x.7 shifter/derailleur with new tires for 1700.

it's a good time to get a used bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.