Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hit The Road Cyclery
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forget which had the name "BULLMOOSE" stamped into the center of the bars. Also, any idea what year these would be from? If they're Fishers I would guess '84-'85, but I don't really know for sure. See photos for details:

·
Fat City Michael
606 Posts
I think I've seen or had Bull-Moose type bars that have said;
-"BULLMOOSE"
-"RITCHEY BULLMOOSE"
and I once had a set like this one (bought in 1986 that was on my 1984 Fat Chance and made of Aluminum, that clamped on to a stub) that did say
-"FISHER BULLMOOSE"
but they could've all been made by Nitto and just labeled differently...Are these steel or Alloy and what's that yuck color all about?

·
Hit The Road Cyclery
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's aluminum, and the finish definitely looks like Nitto work, but there are no other markings that I've found yet. Didn't Nitto put their logo on all their work, even if it was for someone else? The fugly paint is left over from a couple of owners ago, but it's just rattle-can paint and comes off pretty easily. I already know how I'm going to repaint it (the whole bike), but more on that later.

F-b: I knew there was someone else interested, but I didn't know who. I was really looking for something like this for my next project, and this just seemed to fall into my lap, so to speak. It was my destiny! :p Don't worry, there will be a big thread with tons of photos soon, I just need to finish stripping it (about half done now).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.