Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Rider of the Faith
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading about all the different companies and qualities of Ti Springs. My LBS has got a line on what they claim is the "OFFICIAL FOX RACING" Ti coil. In all my searches I can`t find any info about this.

They say it was customed made by Fox but I haven`t seen them around. Weighs in at 343g.:confused:

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
I am sure fox has TI springs but like you haven't heard it. Althought fox did equip dhr remote resi shocks with ti springs for turner .

·
Rider of the Faith
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
William42 said:
donno what the point is, theres plenty of lighter springs that will fit with a proper shock collar
The point is that here in Japan Ti Springs are not widely available. However, at 343 g there isn`t much of a weight savings. That is why I am asking about the validity of the claim that it is truly a "Fox Racing" custom made Ti spring.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
If that was a Ti spring the weight savings would be pretty significant. Also, just looking at it the coils seem to be spaced the same as a steel spring whereas the Ti springs I've seen had a larger gap. I'd say those are steel, painted silver.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
clockwork said:
I am sure fox has TI springs but like you haven't heard it. Althought fox did equip dhr remote resi shocks with ti springs for turner .
They did? Mine didn't come with a Ti Spring...

As for that spring, its a steel spring painted silver. The spacing between the coils is basically the same as a steel, and the Foxshox stamp is on steel springs.

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
Yup in 05 . From the 05 catalog "The DHR is equipped with an adjustable, specially valved Fox DHX 5.0 shock with a titanium spring."

·
Rider of the Faith
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanx guys for some really entertaining answers.

It`s not magnetic. It`s not a painted on stamp either.

Riddle me this: How much does a Nuke Proof or RCS spring of the same size (5.75")weigh?

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
It is Ti.....Ti colored paint.
Genuine FoxShox coil spring, Ti colored right there my friends.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.