Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it's the low end one but it's still a killer price. I like the wheelset on it, it even has butted DT Comp spokes so that would eliminate spending more money for a future wheel upgrade for me personally. Except for the BB30 cranks (ugg) it has the same group as my DB Podium road bike. I've been looking at other bikes for overnight camping trips in the woods with 90% on-road routes and a little off road. This has me thinking.

·
Administrator
11,819 Posts
That's a good price. Does one really need a 30mm fork when you can run 650bx42C tires? i would think with tubeless and 35psi you would have a pretty compliant ride without the weight of the oliver fork. Sure the fork is cool but this is a pretty slick price. Not sure how much these weigh or perform on the road or off road but price point it is pretty killer. Also bonus dual chainring and shimano hydros which puts it above the 1x higher end model as well for me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would rather have that rigid fork. I never really liked the lefty forks. I do wish they would come back with the Head Shox. I had an F1000 back in the day and that was my favorite fork of all time. Enough travel for me, super stiff and a lockout on the top of the stem. It would be perfect for a gravel or CX bike.

·
Registered
507 Posts
"I've been looking at other bikes for overnight camping trips in the woods with 90% on-road routes and a little off road."

Looks like it would be damn near perfect for that. Nice price,

·
Death Mud
140 Posts
Your use case describes many rides I’ve done with my Ultegra Slate, and I love it for that. Honestly, the rigid fork isn’t a drawback, since the tires can provide a good amount of give, and the rigid fork won’t require servicing like the lefty. I’ve done 80+ mile road/gravel rides on mine and have no complaints with the ride.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm still considering it, I may get one at the end of the month. I'm keeping an eye on the one in my size. Yesterday the seller was down to 3 left and I thought about getting one before he sold out, but this morning he has "more than 10 available" and he's sold 19 so far. These bikes must not have moved at all in the shops.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.