Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always worried about injuring my shoulder, and sure as poop, I went over the bars last night and boom! Nothing too serious... I hope... but still injured.

Is there some protection that will not be noticeable, or too noticeable under a baggy button front casual type shirt?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I took a tumble than ended in a bruised and scuffed up shoulder last year. I got the 7idP Flex Body Protector as a response.

Blue Product Sleeve White Style

I haven't taken any big falls in it yet (the park where I mainly got it for just opened up), but the shoulder pads are reasonably low profile. You'll notice under a jersey, but anything heavier, it becomes pretty subtle (at least after the pads warm up and become malleable).

The backpad is removable. It's also the part that feels pretty hot. I'd have preferred a bit more scalloping, though I'm not sure if it would have made a difference.

There are a couple of other similar protective shirts out there. I chose this one as it was reasonably reviewed and on sale at the time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leatt is about 70 bones.

View attachment 1254285
Thanks. I found one on sale but it's size XL and I'm a M to L.

That said, it is said to fit like a compression sock... and I can't stand tight fitting things. Maybe the XL would still be snug enough to work but not too tight.

Anyone have thoughts about that or personal experience with this particular top?

·
Ride More - Suffer Less
2,917 Posts
Anyone have thoughts about that or personal experience with this particular top?
I normally wear an XL t shirt that fits loose. The Leatt xl was snug everywhere. My arms are pretty spindly so if I had some bigger guns it would be uncomfortable I would think.

It seemed like the entire bottom half was un-needed. So it probably would work if you're shoulders and arms are bigger rather than smaller.

Sweat Buster Helmet padding, Why suffer with sweat in your face & glasses? traxfactory.com

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I normally wear an XL t shirt that fits loose. The Leatt xl was snug everywhere. My arms are pretty spindly so if I had some bigger guns it would be uncomfortable I would think.

It seemed like the entire bottom half was un-needed. So it probably would work if you're shoulders and arms are bigger rather than smaller.

Sweat Buster Helmet padding, Why suffer with sweat in your face & glasses? traxfactory.com
Thanks. My shoulders are wide but their thickness is not. And my arms are not big either.

I'm 5'-11" tall and 150 lbs.

I guess my concern would be the shoulder pads. If the shirt was too loose, I'm guessing the pads could slide out of the way during impact and not be of much use.

Any more thoughts?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have you tried Troy Lee? https://shop.troyleedesigns.com/7850-ultra-protective-shirt?quantity=1&color=7
I think it runs a lil big. Wish I bought the large.

I was riding a trail named pinnacle in the sub black hills of the capital forest. I missed a hop off some techy large roots and began to go over the bars until I hit the tree the root was attached too. Almost broke my humorous but because of the tree I couldn't clear the bike and all 225lbs into the bars and tree with no where to go so the force pushed my seat damn near to the point of impaling my butthole.
All of this because out of nowhere Andy from JoyRide Bikes in Lacey went flying through the trail so I tried catching him. What a laugh, what a fall, still have the bruise. I now own padding and a ff helmet.

·
Ride More - Suffer Less
2,917 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.