Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh man... I just did a 2~ mile climb trying to get back to the pump track at the park near my house.. hoping something I forgot was still there..

I had made it all the way home it is getting quite hot and I realized I'd left something behind. Many expletives later I decided it was best to ride back and see if I could recover it rather than give up and buy a replacement.. my legs didn't agree and the ride back was horrific.

Happily the item was recovered and the ride home was all down hill so it could be worse I guess.. but riding back to hope to find something bites.

·
Registered
989 Posts
oh man... I just did a 2~ mile climb trying to get back to the pump track at the park near my house.. hoping something I forgot was still there..

I had made it all the way home it is getting quite hot and I realized I'd left something behind. Many expletives later I decided it was best to ride back and see if I could recover it rather than give up and buy a replacement.. my legs didn't agree and the ride back was horrific.

Happily the item was recovered and the ride home was all down hill so it could be worse I guess.. but riding back to hope to find something bites.
Dude, it can always be worse!
Hiking best bud to extraction point after he broke collar bone, then i rode back to get to the LandCruiser and drive it in to get him.
Hiking kid on first night ride with us back to road, in the dark, with broken clavicle. Get truck.
Hangover ride, buddy hurled up any liquids he drank.
Another night ride best bud crashed and lost his ProFloater over cliff. Rode back to the Cruiser, grabbed 50 ft tow strap with hooks and we managed to hook and pull bike back up.
It can Always be worse!

·
g=9.764m/s2
808 Posts
Yea, like when my mobile phone fell out of my unzipped pocket... back-tracked 3 miles searching the trail and a family had just found it and were placing it on a bridge near by.

Oh Snap! Nothing like yours, Root!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Dude, it can always be worse!
Hiking best bud to extraction point after he broke collar bone, then i rode back to get to the LandCruiser and drive it in to get him.
Hiking kid on first night ride with us back to road, in the dark, with broken clavicle. Get truck.
Hangover ride, buddy hurled up any liquids he drank.
Another night ride best bud crashed and lost his ProFloater over cliff. Rode back to the Cruiser, grabbed 50 ft tow strap with hooks and we managed to hook and pull bike back up.
It can Always be worse!
Good story!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Good story!
Riding for over 30 years, i realized you do accumulate some good stories! Theres a couple i missed our riding group has, like night ride and hearing bullets zing by overhead, or being chased by brahama bull. Me and my before mentioned bestbud took a wrong trail and ended up exiting through a farm field after hike-a-biking down steep slopes and got mobbed by cows. They werent really aggresive, but it was kind of freaky to have all the these large animals coming to you, i think they more thought we were going to feed them.
Epic deathmarch ride in the days before hydration packs and the only energy bars were Powerbar, running out of food and water, Squirrelling water from others and scrounging the trail for guavas.
These make for good stories later, im sure there are some rides where the people would have much rather not experienced it.
Im glad i missed the dead body on trail by a few days and trail intersection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.