Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
an Avid bb7 mechanical disk brake?

My mom just bought me a Fox Vanilla RLC 130 fork for my Christmas present and now I need disc breaks for the front. I decided to go with Avid bb7's because price "is" an object, but now I need a new wheel to go with it. I was told to look at a Shimano M-765 and I did check out Dave's Wheels, but he looks like he might be too expensive.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
No specific hub will work better or worse....

with your brakes. As Shiggy said, any 6 bolt disc hub will work just fine. Shimano 765's are not 6 bolt hubs however. 765's are center lock and do not work with bolt on rotors unless you use an adaptor. If you don't want the extra expense of an adaptor then you should be looking at 756's. Of course there are plenty of other hubs of better or lesser quality than the 756 as well. It all depends on what you are willing to spend.

Anyway, any 6 bolt disc hub will work.

Good Dirt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, thank!....I'll check 'em out.

One more thing.....what I want to do is to add a disc on the front now, then add another on the back later when I get some more money.

Does this work. (disc on the front, regular on the back) ?

and

Do I need to buy a wheel set, or can I just buy one for the front for now. Does it make a difference?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.