Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like there is VERY little difference in these pedals except for price and slight weight.
PD-M970 PD-M770 PD-M540

Any functional difference? I've got to trade up from my Crank Brothers Smarties before they kill me.

thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
if those are xtr's, xt's, and the set below the xt's, mainly weight and finish are the only differences. i have some 4 year old 959's which are now the xtr's. they have been bulletproof. the new xt's or xtr's will be my next pedal purchase if the two pair of 959's ever give up the ghost.

i now alot of folks love eggs/crankbrothers. back in the day, i bent a new pair two times in less than a month. crank bros has excellent customer service and replaced them promptly. i then promptly sold them.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a pair of Shimano PD-M540s to replace my Crank Brothers Smartys. I was going to kill myself with those things. I went with the 540s due to cost, but the spindle is exactly the same and the weight is exactly the same as the 770 and 960 and only 25g more weight. But at half the price. Anyway, hope I didn't make a mistake. Nothing could be worse than the Smartys at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.