Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,029 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
use a vice
We really should nail him with "do a search, this topic has been covered before....." :p

Seriously though use a vice and a couple of sockets (one small enough to press out the bushing, the other big enough so the bushing will go inside on the other side).

If you have no access to a vice then a nice hydraulic press will suffice.

TJ

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
zedro said:
lol, thats kinda like saying if you dont own a car to get around then just use your helicopter
Your new avatar confuses me, I read your post without actually realizing its you. :rolleyes:

·
Pro Crastinator
11,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, i couldn't figure out that there is a solid center with a weird capped end on the other side (not like a normal sleeve you see all the time) i got some help for a fellow monkey on RM....

·
Pro Crastinator
11,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
zedro said:
if your not using a hammer or vice with a punch, i'm curious to how you thought you were going to get it out
turns out one end of the bushing is actually a cap(not like a normal sleeve), i was pulling like a mofo on the other end and nothing was happening. i couldn't see a seam, so it appeared that it was one solid piece(and that just didn't make sense), plus the two ends didn't want to spin independently of each other and that really threw me for a loop. i had a pair of vice-grips on each side and was pulling like crazy pefore the cap finally popped of and i was able to see what was going on...

·
Registered
54 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Your new avatar confuses me, I read your post without actually realizing its you. :rolleyes:
For a real confusing avatar check out low budget rollers, and to think that the 26-ponies used to have style, this obviously shows no style. I'm so upset that I have to go pick my nose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.