Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a specially designed thru axle which allows final flip lever alignment by the user? By the time I get my thru axle fully screwed in and tightened, the flip lever is not usually perfectly aligned with the fork when I flip the handle up. So I usually need to loosen the thru axle slightly so I can get the flip lever to line up with the fork when I flip it up. Do you know if there's a specially designed thru axle which will allow me to screw in the thru axle at full tightness while at the same time giving me the ability to do a final custom alignment with the flip lever?

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
what fork do you have? I don't know of any fork made in the last at least 10 years that don't have the feature you're asking for - it was the days of 26" wheels and 20mm axles when you were stuck with wherever the lever ended up.

Different forks accomplish this in different ways, but they pretty much all allow you to put the lever wherever you want.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Fox has an adjustment you probably need to make. RockShox has a free spinning lever.

Probably look up your fork online to determine how to achieve what you are after.
My only experiences are with a current Fox Rhythm and a couple year old RockShox Revelation.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Ditto above. I haven’t had the issue you are having. All the thru axles I have used allow you to position the lever wherever you want without affecting the tightness of the axle.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Depending on the brand, there are various methods to do this. You either move the lever on the axle, or move the nut in the fork leg or frame to position lever. In the former, some levers can be pulled to disengage from the axle and rotated the desired position. In some others, a screw under the lever is loosened enough to allow the lever to disengage from the axle and rotate independently.

Some have an independent means of adjusting lever tension. In Rockshox's case, it's done by an allen bolt accessible through the slot in in the lever.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,774 Posts
not enough information

front or rear ?

boost, boost plus, what ?

bike and type of dropout (fork [make/model/version] dropout) or rear dropout ?

·
Registered
2018 Trek Stache
1,500 Posts
DT Swiss seems to specifically advertise the functionality that I'm looking for:

"For tightening, the lever can be lifted and rotated as required by the fork/drop outs. After tightening, the lever can be positioned in any position desired."

https://www.dtswiss.com/en/technology/components/rws-technology/
Why spend money when you don't need to? As others have stated all you need to do is search "How to clock a Maxle"
I did this this and here is the result.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.