Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Hike 'n Bike Nat'l Champ
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I were talking about this today. I'm curious was to what the masses would say. The topic came up because the roadie is now my commuter a couple days a week and while we both have owned multiple Turners, we couldn't quite figure out who would be the Turner of the roadie world.

Any suggestions?

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
What DW road bikes:D

Sorry I'm still thinking, I don't know my US road bikes so well or certainely not the CS or behind the scenes side of things like how Turner reprezents!

Have you browsed the Roadbike review they may have some good oil there, I'm sure theres some good raodie advice here too, talk to me about italian bikes I have some passion for but to be honest CS don't even go there this far away its always a risk, ya just trust in the brand and do lot of research first, loved my Colnago Dreamplus! That bike rode like a dream, alloy but felt like steel, yet siff as, and always brought me home in the last 20km never felt slow on that bike, @ 8kgs it was light enough for me anything else felt too light, man it was stable at speed too..

I always heard nice things about Serrotta but then theyre pretty high end, I'm not sure about them as a company, I sorta been out of the road side for awhile now but aussie mag RIDE was always my fav, they had some great road bike tests and a good formatt very similar style to DIRT mag!

RIDE on cycling news!

Chur..

·
Hike 'n Bike Nat'l Champ
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not that I don't know brands, I have a old Felt which is a nice beater. Sachs might qualify, Pegoretti... that stuff. Maybe? I view them as more old school with the steel bikes though. Not progressive like Turner. Cervelo is too popular.

Wasn't there an orange roadie from a couple years back..maybe Sea Otter or something, that was labeled Turner, but I believe DT said it was a rebadged Ridley? That rings a bell for some reason.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
I ride road quite a bit, and from what I've read and seen, Euro Carbon Fiber is where it's at. Look, Pinarello, De Rosa, Colnago, ect. For what it's worth, DT rides a Ridley which is based in Belgium.

·
Registered
982 Posts
My comment about Moots or Eriksen

When I listed Moots and Eriksen, I was thinking about Turner and their excellent customer service, product quality, design, resale value, etc. Both are very responsive and will go out of their way to make a customer happy, including shipping parts or a fast turnaround for a rare defect in their product lineup.

I owned a Moots Vamoots ti road bike a few years ago (before I got off the road) and the ride was silky smooth and ultra stable at high speed. I did a couple of high mileage jaunts on it and it was great. Not ultra light by today's CF standards at 18 lbs., but the ride comfort was better than riding on some of these CF rails that I have tried.

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
schlim said:
Independent Fabrication maybe?
IF's are great bikes. I love my Crown Jewel about as much as I do my Turners.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
El Chingon said:
I ride road quite a bit, and from what I've read and seen, Euro Carbon Fiber is where it's at. Look, Pinarello, De Rosa, Colnago, ect. For what it's worth, DT rides a Ridley which is based in Belgium.
Agreed! I ride a look and love it. My next bike will be a Look, Pinarello or Colnago...Actually there is some cool stuff in the works at Felt.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=/tech/2008/news/06-17

In the next few years I think the standard round tube carbon frames will be phased out for more of a mix between TT and regular frame. With the 6,8kg weight limit on bikes, you can add extra material to shape tubes and still build a bike at the weight limit. Also the super light weight frames are noodly and less appealing to the race market.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I'm lovin my Co-Motion Espresso.

I also have an early model Lemond CX bike that I've converted to a SS that's a lot of fun.

I ride road way more than I get out on the dirt, mainly because it's so much easier to just jump on the road bike and head out of the front door, but I don't really don't lust over a nice road bike as I do over mt bikes.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.