Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Thule T2 that was damaged and was wondering if there is a better rack out there. It looks like the 1Up rack will do it but thought I would ask before I committed to it. The way the T2 arm secures the front wheel it can't with any sort of front rack and I'm tired of having to remove all the racks off of mine and the kids bikes when I load them up to go ride. Thanks in advance!

·
Rollin 29s
1,004 Posts
Probably overkill, but the shuttle style racks like Recon, North Shore and Alta would work with racks installed on the front of the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I currently have a Thule T2 that was damaged and was wondering if there is a better rack out there. It looks like the 1Up rack will do it but thought I would ask before I committed to it. The way the T2 arm secures the front wheel it can't with any sort of front rack and I'm tired of having to remove all the racks off of mine and the kids bikes when I load them up to go ride. Thanks in advance!
A 1up may work, assuming (as I'm sure you've considered) the "Bent Arm" can be kept low enough to clear. Or maybe fit between your racks and the tire?

Have you considered something with a frame hook, like these? Not carbon frame friendly, and I wouldn't necessarily say they're "better" than the T2, but they would clear your racks.
Line Black Machine

Line Musical instrument accessory Drawing Balance Medical equipment

·
Registered
66 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.