Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it screwing with your head, your beer selection, your activity choice and your overall demeanor?

Discuss. It is neat but i my mojo is off-balance these days.

fc

·
Hipster
346 Posts
I usually get a lot done around the yard and house during winter when the trails are muddy or it's rainy and cold out. That's out the door now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Saw a California Golden Poppy in bloom at Black Diamond RP today. That's just not right.

·
Recreational Terrorist
425 Posts
If I recall correctly (can anyone back me up?) this winter feels similar to 2005 and then the following spring season was a total rain out.

This has been my best night riding season ever. Mountain biking has taken priority over climbing and road biking. I am drinking summer brews over IPAs - lagers, hefeweizens, and belgians.

The rain will hit us eventually so enjoy it while it lasts.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I've been just working on bike and living vicariously through people posting gps tracks and trail reports on here and on facebook.

pnemonia with bruised ribs. The coughing hurts :/

·
YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
2,961 Posts
Is it screwing with your head, your beer selection, your activity choice and your overall demeanor?

fc
Cannot stop riding and surfing..............
Cannot stop riding and surfing..........
When will it end, when will it end???
NEEEEEEEVVVVAAAHHHHHH.
I hope.
Life's tough. :D
Carry on Kubicle Klones.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'm pressured to keep riding cause I think it's gonna end in a deluge.

I think it's the long nights that are getting to me. Too much home time makes me ornery.

fc

·
huck to flat
702 Posts
i was looking forward for some rain to turn the dust into mud, which makes for fun rides and soft dirt to build with. But I cant complain with the non stop sunshine! No excuses not to ride everyday, especially since school hasn't started up yet.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have been playing hooky from work a lot. For instance I will be sick tomorrow--riding on the sick singletrack that is. Muaahh.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Had to get a ride in this afternoon pedaling on some newer trails. It totally sucked that I made up for my away time by working late an extra hour or so...

This weather is downright horrible.

Pardon me, while I get back on the trails...

·
singletrack bound
3,018 Posts
I always said "october through december"
the best riding of the year,
I guess I will extend that through January this year.
oh....and the winter sunsets have been stellar this year!

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Allergies are killing me. My eyes have been itching and burning for over a week. If I wanted to live in a desert I'd move there.

Yes, I'm moody.

·
don't try this at home
1,601 Posts
Mustard is blooming. It's crazy. My allergies kick in when it's wet, so the longer weather holds or shorter the rain is, the better. Tho I do fear we are just delaying the inevitable.

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,224 Posts
It was pretty weird to ride at Demo in full sunshine breathing in the dust of my faster riding buddies (cough cough)... in January. Definitely feeling the dread of this being the calm before the storm. I'm not sure if the coming "storm" will be a massive deluge, or massive drought.

·
I just wanna go fast!
1,922 Posts
Had all sorts of awesome things planned this winter for a trail I was working on. So far it's just been sitting until we get some more rain.

Heading down to Santa Barbara this weekend for camping on the beach and riding and surfing with friends.... Yeah, I'll take it.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I heard drought is not a concern a Hetch Hetchy is 85% full. Other big reservoirs are stocked as well too.

fc

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
I think I'm pressured to keep riding cause I think it's gonna end in a deluge.

I think it's the long nights that are getting to me. Too much home time makes me ornery.

fc
DUDE! I've been feeling the same way. 2012 hasn't started very well for me with work and even though this doesn't feel like winter, I still have the blues.

On the other hand, I also feel "obligated" to ride like what you describe.

I shouldn't be complaining, but I have no idea why I'm feeling like I'm on my period.

·
Registered
209 Posts
May not be a concern if all you're worried about is water coming out of the faucet, and you're on a water system serviced by said reservoirs. If you don't, then drought is a concern - you start to wonder if your water source will hold out, and whether the woods around you will burn.

·
padded
705 Posts
It's bumming me out because I can't ride. On the bright side, I've been using the time I would have spent riding to get lots of extra Dad time with WheelsJr, so in the long run it's all good.
I did manage to 30 min on the trainer today on the deck, that was pure misery but I was happy just to be back on the bike. I've lost 5 lbs, got a new HRM and dusted off my old racing program - watch out, Strava Kings, once my clavicle is healed me and the Nomad will be chasing your weight-weenie plastic climbing machines!

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts

fc
Im taking advantage of it by doing a big-ass remodel. :thumbsup:

But I havent ridden in more than a week. :madman:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts