Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I picked up a spank 350 rear wheel the non vibrocore version, it has the 102t engagement which sounded appealing and lots of people loved the hub and i wanted to try it, not to mention my stock wheels are HEAVY 35mm internal rims around 1.3kg each. I didn't even realise there were different models like there was a 350 vibrocore, 359 and 359 vibrocore. I just hope i didnt buy a weak rim that will go out of true on the first jump case. I wanted DT ex511 but they have been out of stock everywhere and also looked at e13 trs+ but read lots of people who had issues with them. I'am a bit of a weight weenie too and this wheel wasnt exactly cheap at $400

I ride mostly trail/enduro. Bike is 160mm front and rear and im an intermediate rider and id say i ride pretty aggressive but i dont do anything to crazy atm. Is this a decent wheel or will i be disappointed not choosing the vibrocore model? Or is it one of those things where wheels are all stupid similar i wouldnt be even able to tell a difference between them?

· Registered
1,998 Posts
I built a 350 rear for an intermediate level friend of mine. It's been an excellent rim for him. If you're hitting really big drops, jumps or expert pace at some gnarly downhill tracks the 350 on the rear might be a little weak and you'd need a 359 instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.