Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is sort of a cross post from "wheels & stuff", but that place is empty.

I can't find info on them anywhere. I figure they are something like an '04 or '05 OEM rim.

I'd like to see a cross-section of one if a pic is out there.

They look like a narrower, shallower, lighter XM 321; but with (perhaps) flat sidewals for rim brakes?

I'm leaning towards building from scratch with XM 321s, #32 14g black spokes, black brass nipples, and black XT 6-bolts. I'll convert both hubs to solid bolt on axles if I can find them.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
long_strange_ride said:
This is sort of a cross post from "wheels & stuff", but that place is empty.

I can't find info on them anywhere. I figure they are something like an '04 or '05 OEM rim.

I'd like to see a cross-section of one if a pic is out there.

They look like a narrower, shallower, lighter XM 321; but with (perhaps) flat sidewals for rim brakes?

I'm leaning towards building from scratch with XM 321s, #32 14g black spokes, black brass nipples, and black XT 6-bolts. I'll convert both hubs to solid bolt on axles if I can find them.
The XM rims are more All-Mountian than DH/FR. If you looking for rims to take abuse, stick to the EX line which are the DH/FR rims.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so I need to take the plunge: EX 325

I know I need them wide for less tire roll and more con troll, but 715g is kinda heavy.
I guess I just need to embrace my inner downhiller and go for broke. Next I'll need some carzy wide tires to go with those.

I couldn't find the width of the EX 325s. Anyone know?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.