Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
What spring?

What Lefty is on the front? Is there a schrader valve on the bottom of the leg? If so, it is an air sprung model, (as it should be) and a spring is not needed. (only more air from a shock pump...)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have valve at the bottom of my lefty max, but I thought that valve was for the SPV not an air spring? I know that here is a coil sping in this "fork" and that the sag is set by preloading the spring. But in order to do that I think you have to take the fork apart at least a little. Just reading my manual and that's what it seems to say anyway.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
You are correct.

Fish on a Bike said:
I have valve at the bottom of my lefty max, but I thought that valve was for the SPV not an air spring? I know that here is a coil sping in this "fork" and that the sag is set by preloading the spring. But in order to do that I think you have to take the fork apart at least a little. Just reading my manual and that's what it seems to say anyway.
On an SPV fork, the air valve on teh bottom of the leg is to set the SPV pressure. However, SPV forks are not on the scalpel, unless added later.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
The DLR is air sprung.

sebastian21 said:
hi, the fork is a lefty speed carbon DLR2..

By the way the bike is awesome!!!!

What about air pressure?
What you need is a shock pump, not a sprign. As far as pressue goes, I am not sure. YOu want 25% sag or so, so get a pump, and a friend, and start.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
bar to floor.

sebastian21 said:
ok, i have the pump., i was told b y my lbs the 80% of your total weight, i found it kind of low.?

how can you measure the sag on the lefty..?
Measure the distance from the bar to the floor. Measure again with rider on the bike, in a neutral position.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.