Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not sure really how to word my question, but just going off the specs list, the pro ds seems to have far better components for only $100 more. better brakes, ders, fork.. is this just too good to be true, or are there components on the pro ds that are inferior to the elite?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The medium / large were sold out / preorder only for months before I ordered mine, in a small. Luckily, that's the size that fits me well (though I do need a different seat post).

I felt the $100 was worth it, for two reasons - blue is a cool color, and the components were justified by the added cost. Evidently, either BikesDirect doesn't understand this, and/or customers do, since it's sold out completely now :)

I don't think anything is really "inferior" - the rear shock won't work stock if changed to 5-inch travel is probably my only gripe. The frame is the same, and all other components are equal or better.

I've had few problems with my bike (just a brake issue that I believe is resolved now), and enjoy riding it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.