Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 21" 03 Kamis komodo, which I use for mostly for trail riding and light fr. i am looking for a bike with a smaller cockpit, yet will feel comfortable for me, im 6'-2", and want to start riding urban and park, the jamis is just too big, and bulky.

Will the steelhead be able to ride trails, like regular xc stuff?

Also what fork travel would this frame perform best at?, I have a 3-5" rs psylo

thanks

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
DHMIKE_661 said:
I currently have a 21" 03 Kamis komodo, which I use for mostly for trail riding and light fr. i am looking for a bike with a smaller cockpit, yet will feel comfortable for me, im 6'-2", and want to start riding urban and park, the jamis is just too big, and bulky.

Will the steelhead be able to ride trails, like regular xc stuff?

Also what fork travel would this frame perform best at?, I have a 3-5" rs psylo

thanks
You name it, the steelhead does it. You can put anything from rigid to DH dual crown on it.

I ride my as a XC bike now. The extra weight isn't noticable because it isn't in the wheels. Wheel wight makes bikes slow, not really frame weight.

Like everyone says, "just take a huge crap before a ride to balance out the added frame weight".

Mine has fallen off cliffs, onto rocks, been ran over by a truck, ridden by a 270 lb guy, countless impacts to the tubing, and...... the sucker still holds up like a champ! Even though it doesn't look thick, those steel tubings its made of are UBER thick. It's second only to the Banshee Morphine in terms of strength.

·
Registered
459 Posts
i got a steelhead for xmas and i absolutely love it. i'm 6' 2'' so i went for the xl and it fits perfectly. jump on that deal, i was gonna but i got a brand new one off ebay for 100 so i can't complain. but you won't regret it it's so stiff and just feels awesome and it's really not that heavy at all

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just building mine up and I am VERY excited to get it done. What size bottom bracket are you guys running? I will be running SS and wasn't sure what most are using. Tried to research it but its hard to find specifics...most posts just talk about the frame itself. Are you SS guys running wheel tensioners?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
2000cx said:
Just building mine up and I am VERY excited to get it done. What size bottom bracket are you guys running? I will be running SS and wasn't sure what most are using. Tried to research it but its hard to find specifics...most posts just talk about the frame itself. Are you SS guys running wheel tensioners?
68x115

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have been looking to build up a hardtail for dirt jumping, slight fr/dh and urban riding. I am looking at a Fetish cycles Fixation and a Steelhead. Which do you think would be better? This seems to be ideal but I can get a fixation (msrp 699) for 190. What do you guys think?

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
I ride a 14" bike for DJ and park, and a 15.5 for trail. I'm 6'2" as well. 21 inches is HUGE. I have ridden a few steelheads and i've loved them. I ride a P.1 cr-mo and love it. you might even be able to pick up a P.1 for super cheap. if not, go with the steelhead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.