Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Back at it and LOVIN' it!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...with a decent set of elbow / arm pads? Would the collarbone pads which seems to extend out to the shoulder be enough shoulder protection?

·
Back at it and LOVIN' it!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BIKESerFUN said:
I race all season on Cat.1/pro courses in the thing. It's amazing. No other pad system offers the same amount of mid section protection.
So no issues with the no shoulder caps?

·
bearded
441 Posts
Like I said. I have never had any protection issues and the kidney/mid section protection is something I would way rather have than arm/shoulder. I can deal with broken arms and scratches but an exploded spleen or kidney will kill you alot faster.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have a 661 pressure suit and my friend has the 661 pro pressure suit. We both find them extremely hot. I was debating between the new leatt compatible core saver and a 661 defender 2.5 chest protector. I still think that the core saver will be too hot at N*. How hot are they from someone who has used one?

·
Slap happy crappiness
1,090 Posts
huntandride said:
If you suscribe to decline there is a few adds on it. I think its just the new 09. The black plates can be taken off to make room for a leatt.
Nice, thanks for the info. SixSixOne is usually really good about putting stuff on their site months before the product is released... not in this case, causing my confusion.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
The leatte is a neck brace device, it is really popular in the motocross scene, and it is a really good device.

I am running the 661 Assault pressure suit, short sleave with shoulder pads, it keeps me cool and protected. I had a full sleaved 661 pressure suit before, but it just never fit right, I run the assault suit now and use fox elbow/forearm pads, its a great combo.

·
Slap happy crappiness
1,090 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
not as much as mesh...
Have you ever worn the Core Saver, Bob? I've owned both the Core Saver and the Azonic armor and there is no comparison between the two comfort and breathability wise. The Core Armor is straight up comfortable, as in it feels nice to wear, almost feels like an UnderArmor shirt. Plus it's far cooler to wear. That Azonic armor is hot, bulky, cheap, and junk.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.