Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm sure you know that it is his radio, which would normally be in the pocket of his jersey, but the TT skinsuit doesn't have jersey pockets.

Sorry to hear that you're not a cycling fan, but keep watching.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Looks like I hit a few nerves. I'm truly sorry i spelled "dispensor" wrong, perhaps I should scan through your posts and point out your spelling mistakes. Hint "...".

And ban me why? Because I posted a topic which is taboo with you? This was obviously a joke, in good fun, but what isn't a joke is the underlying problem plaguing the sport. Whether it is professional baseball, football, cycling or the olympics. Steroids and doping are everywhere. It doesn't really bother me that Lance is one of them, or that Jason Giambi and Barry Bonds are either. It's their body, their living, their millions they are taking in. What bothers me is that almost every time I go into the gym I notice another 19 year old with blotchy, puffy skin who has put on 20 pounds in a month. And where does this start? You tell me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No, you're unoriginal

Managuense said:
Looks like I hit a few nerves. I'm truly sorry i spelled "dispensor" wrong, perhaps I should scan through your posts and point out your spelling mistakes. Hint "...".

And ban me why? Because I posted a topic which is taboo with you? This was obviously a joke, in good fun, but what isn't a joke is the underlying problem plaguing the sport. Whether it is professional baseball, football, cycling or the olympics. Steroids and doping are everywhere. It doesn't really bother me that Lance is one of them, or that Jason Giambi and Barry Bonds are either. It's their body, their living, their millions they are taking in. What bothers me is that almost every time I go into the gym I notice another 19 year old with blotchy, puffy skin who has put on 20 pounds in a month. And where does this start? You tell me.
Its not so much that your statement is taboo. Its just accusing and unoriginal. As an accusation we're tired of it, as a joke we're tired of it. Get some new material.

PS - how can you blame your amateur gym-mates' steriod use on an athlete who constantly denies ever having taken performance enhancing drugs and has never tested positive for them. As far as my opinion is concerned I'll take Mr. Armstrong's word for it.

You and Greg LeMond can get a room

·
FAT CHANCE!
619 Posts
beekeeper357 said:
Its not so much that your statement is taboo. Its just accusing and unoriginal. As an accusation we're tired of it, as a joke we're tired of it. Get some new material.

PS - how can you blame your amateur gym-mates' steriod use on an athlete who constantly denies ever having taken performance enhancing drugs and has never tested positive for them. As far as my opinion is concerned I'll take Mr. Armstrong's word for it.

You and Greg LeMond can get a room
I don't give a crap if he's (LA) shooting heroin and Cocaine with the team before each days race (EPO is for PU$$ie$ take the hard stuff). I think its pretty cool the guy came back from cancer and came back with a pissed off vengeance to destroy any other competitors in the most popular cycling race in the world (6 frickin times!!)! But I do think that when someone like a Greg Lemond (respected American cyclist if you will) makes a comment about LA performance, people do listen to that stuff and take it with some sort of credibility...More so than my $0.02 for sure. ;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Managuense said:

Stop going to the gym then - it will give you a false impression of what people are like. Only wankers go to the gym.

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
No, Managuense....

he was just glad to see you!
or
No, actually, it's to protect him from being stabbed in the back.
or
It's a pack of Camels.
or
He was a Sheryl Crow cassette tape for Jan and he has no jersey pockets.
or
No, it's the battery that keeps him going.

Rimshot.

Somebody stop me!

Sorry. From the content of the opening of this thread I thought it ws a joke forum.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Managuense said:
Looks like I hit a few nerves. I'm truly sorry i spelled "dispensor" wrong, perhaps I should scan through your posts and point out your spelling mistakes. Hint "..."
Perhaps you should..................... I don't know... I just think arguments would be taken more seriously if they were spelled correctly.

Even if it was a joke, you're beating a dead horse.

Frankly, I don't know how someone who went through cancer can find himself injecting more chemicals into his body... but hey I suppose some people just believe some accusations they hear about without any clear-cut evidence or proof. I'll reserve my judgement of LA unless they catch him doing what several people are accusing him of... otherwise I'm impressed with what he's accomplished so far.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey "boy" get over the dispensor vs. dispenser spelling mistake. If you're going to nit pick about spelling and grammar then look at your annoying use of "..."'s, and learn how to write a sentence without them. By insulting my intelligence and education over one mispelled word you're indirectly insulting virtually everyone who has ever posted on this board, including yourself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Germans have been cutting lines and injecting $his for years. That damn Lance Armstrong is just to powerful, Well get you....ha ha ha......well get you....till proven guilty, nice job man, come back next year too!

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Managuense said:
Hey "boy" get over the dispensor vs. dispenser spelling mistake. If you're going to nit pick about spelling and grammar then look at your annoying use of "..."'s, and learn how to write a sentence without them. By insulting my intelligence and education over one mispelled word you're indirectly insulting virtually everyone who has ever posted on this board, including yourself.
It's called an "ellipsis" ---->... If you were going to make a flamebait thread you better look intelligent enough to back it up instead of making "shot in the dark" accusations that you have no proof of. Forgive me if I respect people who can spell when they argue something over a message board. In my opinion, it gives them more credibility. But hey what do I know? I noticed that you did not address the other part of my post regarding having no evidence of Lance doping. Like I said, until there is proof that he does what you and many accuse him of then I will still respect the man. If you think I'm disrespecting members of this forum for my "nitpicking" on your spelling mistake... then you do worse by making blind accusations with no proof to back them up. If you're going to tell me LeMond is proof... then good for you... I hope you're not a lawyer. :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Go to college and write a term paper. See what your professor says when you end every goddamn sentence with an "ellipsis".

Christ, it amazes my how you got your panties all in a bunch over "dispensor".

Maybe I should translate this into something you might be able to understand.

Go to college...and write a term paper..........See what your professor says......when you end every goddamn sentence........with an "ellipsis"....

Christ,.....it amazes me....how you got your panties all in a bunch......over "dispensor".

And "boy" I never said I have proof, nor did I make any accusation. Perhaps you should practice your reading comprehension as well. You might also want to work on your debating skills. The best way to lose an argument is to start spitting out silly insults.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Managuense said:
Go to college and write a term paper. See what your professor says when you end every goddamn sentence with an "ellipsis".

Christ, it amazes my how you got your panties all in a bunch over "dispensor".

Maybe I should translate this into something you might be able to understand.

And "boy" I never said I have proof, nor did I make any accusation. Perhaps you should practice your reading comprehension as well. You might also want to work on your debating skills. The best way to lose an argument is to start spitting out silly insults.
Managuense said:
Tell me what this looks like, "Whether it is professional baseball, football, cycling or the olympics. Steroids and doping are everywhere. It doesn't really bother me that Lance is one of them, or that Jason Giambi and Barry Bonds are either. Is that not an accusation against Lance at this point? And then you said this: "And "boy" I never said I have proof, nor did I make any accusation.".

That looks like an accusation to me. :confused:

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
Perhaps we can clarify this a bit.

Managuenses did not make any accusation; he made a suggestion of a topic for discussion. That he has irritated people who respond by kicking him just about anywhere reveals that all he has succeeded in doing is rattling a cage and hooking people into sniping at one another. Can we say "red herring?"
Mag reminds me of other contributors over the years who soil their name and disappear only to surface under another name.

Move away from this thread, slowly. Take your hands from the keyboard and don't feed this guy. He's like a Chinese finger puzzle. Be afraid.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts