Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been back into riding for a little over a year (old bmxer). I have a SS Chameleon and a Stump Jumper XC. I usually ride with the same group of friends and when we are on our gearded bike I am allways the last up the hills and such but if we go SS I seem to be more in the front.I have been called a SS animal and really feel more at home on my SS. But if the group is not riding SS I do not want to hold anyone up. Does anyone on here ride a SS with a group that is mixed geary and SS? Do you end up at the same pace or is it way off? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'm almost...

the only singlespeed in a geared, full suspension riding group. I usually lead the climbs no problem. Decents work out ok, I let the FS boys by if its really rough, most of the time they don't catch me if I don't wait for them after the climb. I can't recall ever making them wait for me, at least not much!

Make the change to SS as it seems to be your "thing"!

MC

Hardline said:
I have been back into riding for a little over a year (old bmxer). I have a SS Chameleon and a Stump Jumper XC. I usually ride with the same group of friends and when we are on our gearded bike I am allways the last up the hills and such but if we go SS I seem to be more in the front.I have been called a SS animal and really feel more at home on my SS. But if the group is not riding SS I do not want to hold anyone up. Does anyone on here ride a SS with a group that is mixed geary and SS? Do you end up at the same pace or is it way off? Thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.