Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1021 - 1026 of 1026 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have an older 150 mm Pike on my Calling (46 mm off-set) - feels perfect! But I will have a Fox 36 grip2 (37 mm off-set) left over from a bike I‘m taking apart - wondering if I should swap it over to my Calling as it‘s the newer/better fork.
I‘ll probably not notice the few mm difference in fork off-set but was hoping you made this kind of switch as well...

Cheers anyway!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
For those of you that have long shocked the Calling by removing the spacer in the Super Deluxe how has that worked out?

Any issues?

Is this easy to reverse if I don't like it?

If I recall the spacer is sandwiched between two washers. You remove one of these washers correct?

Also there is no need to mess with the IFP if modifying the Super Deluxe correct?

Thanks
I long stroked it with a Fox DHX2 coil and it was amazing. One of the most fun bikes I've ever owned. Still poppy and playful, yet planted through really rocky technical terrain. Pedaled great with shock wide open. I also used a -1.5 degree Works Headset to get it nice and slack and steepen the STA a bit in the process.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hello.
I just posted in the Evil owners forum at Pinkbike, then noticed it might belong here.

For those who are still interested in new builds of old bikes, here's my size large Calling with -1.5 Works Components headset (around 65 head angle in low, not x-low position), 150mm Lyrik and tuned Super Deluxe MegNeg with 55mm stroke for 143mm rear travel. Super nimble (also capable) play bike compared to my Orbea Rallon 5 29.

Cheers, Lars

View attachment 1918172
We've got similar taste...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Indeed, exactly the same couple (both size L) here with me in my garage, very nice color choices of yours.

Both the Calling (and the Rallon) do not loose any uphill performance with a longstroked rear shock. The geometry does not change anyway. Downhill performance slightly improves if you run more sag in mm or inches (means % unchanged), else you just gain more buffer for hard impacts by error ... The -1.5 degree headset in the Calling does improve climbing as you achieve a slack head angle while steepening the seat angle by running in low / higher mode).

Regards.

Lars

·
Registered
53 Posts
I long stroked it with a Fox DHX2 coil and it was amazing. One of the most fun bikes I've ever owned. Still poppy and playful, yet planted through really rocky technical terrain. Pedaled great with shock wide open. I also used a -1.5 degree Works Headset to get it nice and slack and steepen the STA a bit in the process.

View attachment 1918869
You must be in NorCal given the background terrain.

1021 - 1026 of 1026 Posts