Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Nor Cal and see tons of Santa Cruz bikes on the trails. I also see lots of SC ads on magazines and this site. I know they're good bikes, but there are a lot of other good bikes too. I was wondering if Santa Cruz is very popular outside of California. Do you see them much on your local trails?

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
GuruAtma said:
I live in Nor Cal and see tons of Santa Cruz bikes on the trails. I also see lots of SC ads on magazines and this site. I know they're good bikes, but there are a lot of other good bikes too. I was wondering if Santa Cruz is very popular outside of California. Do you see them much on your local trails?
Ride around some cities in Arizona and you'll see a lot of Titus bikes. They're 'all that' too. I used to ride a Superlight, good bike.

Monte

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes, Santa Cruz is all that! It's one of my favorite places on the planet. Oh, the bikes are pretty good too. I had a Heckler for ~2 weeks. Stolen off the rack on my truck. :mad: :mad: :mad: It was my first exposure to a FS bike and wasn't too bad. I did decide that If I was only going to have 1 bike it'd have to be a HT, though.

Drew

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Titus bikes are cool, but they break much more easily than their SC counterparts..oh, yeah..and they're more expensive...
Titus is great with the customer service though.

Monte said:
Ride around some cities in Arizona and you'll see a lot of Titus bikes. They're 'all that' too. I used to ride a Superlight, good bike.
Monte

·
Registered
109 Posts
Padre said:
Titus bikes are cool, but they break much more easily than their SC counterparts..oh, yeah..and they're more expensive...
I have seen several superlight frames fail, never seen a racer-x or hammerhead 100x fail.

I have ridden a racer-x for over 18 months on technical trails , crashed badly many times(my fault, not bikes) and it has not failed me at 6'4" and ~215.
I rode a bullit- it never pedaled as well as the hype would have you believe. I swapped the parts to a super-moto and the super-moto is far better for me as a heavy duty trail/freeride bike -- it can sprint, great climbing traction, burly, and feels far more agile.

The build quality on TItus's are great. The recent SC bikes I have seen have been a bit sub-par compared to their earlier stuff. And I have seen some abysmal paint jobs as well.

·
inner peace to make peace
2,305 Posts
yes

there are others with "all that" but Santa Cruz is "all that" with their fs bikes (but thier 4.1# al. hardtail Chamelon seems nothing particularly special, ought be be fine enough)

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
Padre said:
Sir, please put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard. Are you that far out or just trolling? I can only remember ever hearing about one titus frame breaking. Compare that to the dozens of Santa Cruz frames that I have heard about. Fortunately Santa Cruz is a stand up company that seems to take care of their customers.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Padre said:
Every bike company is going to have products that fail, dont listen to this guy.

Both companies are great manufacturers and will stand by their product.

Test ride the bikes and choose the one that fits you and your ride style the best.

I personally got to trail test a Blur and without a doubt will make this my next frame purchase.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
A riding buddy of mine broke 2 fairly quickly.
the second was the locomoto i believe, the tougher version..and it lasted but 6 months before snapping the top-tube...
Each time Titus was great with the replacment...

My wife's Superlight is 4 years old and has seen everything from Big Bear DH duty to her current XC races. Not a hickup yet.
My Bullit blows doors off my Specialized pedaling wise and hasn't balked once regarding strength. As I mentioned, two riding trips were ruined for my buddy Scott who's Titus decided to snap. He then moved to a Bullit, rode it for a year an a half and it never broke, sold it on ebay when he became sponsored by Yeti. His ASX lasted 6 months till it snapped on our last trip to Moab.

Quit yer Titus whining.

Phat_Head said:
how did you come up with that conclusion?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.