Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
I don't think TE isn't that dumb. Bringing attention to a company/customer and then portraying a negative situation only causes harm to the company. I seriously doubt that TE would do something amateurish like that- here on mtbr today.

I read that post and it only put more negativity on Ellsworth by seeming to make things so personal. TE may have done that several years ago but I think he learned a good lesson, as have others.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I hope it isn't someone who works there but it does seem to be someone who has almost a vested interest in Ellsworth...and a misguided way of doing things though. This is definitely not the way to defend Ellsworth or bring clarity to a situation. This is somewhat foolish.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
BlueMountain said:
I hope it isn't someone who works there but it does seem to be someone who has almost a vested interest in Ellsworth...and a misguided way of doing things though. This is definitely not the way to defend Ellsworth or bring clarity to a situation. This is somewhat foolish.
Read his profile. He apparently works there.

Jokingly, he claims he is the Janitor. Surely false, but hinting at employment, especially with comment about the proving grounds.

The concern is a valid point. If someone is indeed an employee and not declaring it, it's not only breaking the rules of the forum, it's undermining the integrity of the company's perception in the readers.

Ethical? I would think not.

Risky at best.

Forum policy
http://www.mtbr.com/guidelinescrx.aspx

"All Manufacturers / Vendors / Shop Owners / Sponsored Riders should declare their status as a Retailer / Manufacturer in their signature"

·
Praise Bob
490 Posts
He works there

In the thread regarding the new Moment pictures he had much input. Someone asked if he worked there and he said yes.

He also posted linky to article of Outdoors magazie where TE is riding the new moment down some stairs.

What thread is everyone referring to that seems to be offensive?

·
Crooooow!
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was in the "warranty issues on moment post" a few lines down...

Someone was asking if they have ever gotten the run-around from Ellsworth and I posted my story. Then Rogue Rider X started getting defensive and telling me that I was digging up old dirt, but my point is still valid because others have had a simmilar experience. Then and now things are the same, so he claimed that I was Hijacking the thread (I wasn't) so he started that silly "The Deepwoods-Flyer / Ellsworth Experience".

Oh well,

·
Registered
890 Posts
Rogue Rider obviously hasn't learned any lessons from the fiasco that happened here years ago or maybe isn't aware.

Umm...read up and maybe ask TE if you should be calling out specific customers- a more moronic move is one I can't really think of. Unprofessional move so back off on attacking specific customers before you get in over your head, Rogue.

·
Praise Bob
490 Posts
Such a Shame

Hopefully this will be dropped. Many times in these situation there is no Right or Wrong.

Example: I had only one issue with my Moment - seatstay bearing creak and stickyness even though it was never ridden in rain nor washed with high pressure. The internet retailer where I bought it was giving me the run around so I called Ellsworth directly. I was even willing to shell out all the $$$ myself just to avoid the hassle of warranty claim through retailer. The CS rep I dealt with was super friendly gave me no hassles and offered to ship me a bearing kit for just the cost of shipping. 48 hours later I had a new bearing set and that was nearly 2 years ago and no problems since. I felt like I got super service and no hassles. The CS rep even followed through with an email about a week later to make sure everything went smoothly.

Now here is my (long) point. I feel like I had *great* customer service.

Does the fact that I had a good experience mean that DeepWoods couldnt have possibly had bad service? Nope.

Does my experience guarantee that other people in the future will have good service?Nope.

Does ANY amount of convincing from current employees of Ellsworth change the history that DeepWoods has had with Ellsworth (real or imagined)? Nope.

See what I mean? Any amount of rehashing people's experiences in a Public forum can only amount to no good. There is no resolution to this.

I work for a fairly sizable marketing firm that has run many successful campaigns, yet a very small percentage of our clients feel like they didnt get a good response for what they paid for. We usually do some type of concession/ free advertising to help repair the experience. Sometimes that works and sometimes *nothing* works. Who is "right", who is "wrong"? Does that mean my company sucks? No. Does that mean that a very tiny portion of our clients think we suck? Yes. We lose those clients and move on.

·
i can't type the letter s
1,096 Posts
Spartacus Rex said:
Hopefully this will be dropped. Many times in these situation there is no Right or Wrong.

Does that mean my company sucks? No. Does that mean that a very tiny portion of our clients think we suck? Yes. We lose those clients and move on.
The Voice of Reason.

·
ZEN RIDER!
950 Posts
I keep hoping Roge Rider is Bender. :D

/agree the bashing, jealosy, trolling & what ever other issues need to stop in regards to the old TE posts/fiasco. Its in the past, needs to stay in the past & everyone needs to move on. It was during a transition time in the sport when xc riders started to evolve into agressive trail riders & free-riding. Coincidenty frames started to break. I know at that point in time I was riding more than just xc stuff. Everyone I rode with was doing the same. XC/suspension evolved very quickly over a short span of time & so did the riders. I understand the stance TE made at the time. I would have made the same choice, but hopefully handled it a bit better, but as we all know the internet & how things come across are seldom the same. Mix in a few trolls, consumer terrorists & the internet becomes a fiasco & everything gets blown out of proportion & then poeple go on the offensive/defensive. And as we all know there are a few core haters/trolls that keep the fire burning. I wish the mods would curb some of this honestly.
But its all good & I believe Ellsworth is headed in the right direction, green factory, made in america. TE sounds like a good guy to me with poor internet skills. I can live with that.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I really don't care but I also don't care for employees posting and arguing with customers- it reflects poorly on the company. It will be a while before I'd consider Ellsworth again- I want to see how the employee/designer turnover things shakes out as well as how that happens under an environment of slower sales. I ain't in this to bash anyone but I do share stuff I think will help other potential customers and I don't post half-truths or lies.

I'm a major bike whore so I'll probably look at Ells again next year after observing how they do and how they treat customers over the next 8-10 months.

·
Registered
764 Posts
This forum is sad, seems like people on the Ells page only comment when is a bunch of negative comments flying back and forth, lets talk about riding.

On friday I will be riding, on saturday i will be riding. go out and have a good time on your handcrafted beauty. I will be.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
jjcools said:
This forum is sad, seems like people on the Ells page only comment when is a bunch of negative comments flying back and forth, lets talk about riding.

On friday I will be riding, on saturday i will be riding. go out and have a good time on your handcrafted beauty. I will be.
I usually talk about riding on passion since my rides are not about the bike.

I talk about Ellsworth things here. The bike is a tool and when I want to talk about the tool, I will talk about it here.

If we didn't call people out on their behaviors, then we would be blind followers and it would encourage these behaviors that we find unacceptable.

That said, there are plenty of positive posts on this forum.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
BlueMountain said:
I don't think TE isn't that dumb. Bringing attention to a company/customer and then portraying a negative situation only causes harm to the company. I seriously doubt that TE would do something amateurish like that- here on mtbr today.

I read that post and it only put more negativity on Ellsworth by seeming to make things so personal. TE may have done that several years ago but I think he learned a good lesson, as have others.
He is certainly that dumb, as everyone who was here when he posted under his own name years ago can attest to. He was dumb enough to change the context of quotes from an MBA review and then run them in ads in future issues of MBA, and get called to the carpet for doing it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.