Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

First of all it is my first post! I scavenge this forum enough, so decided to join.

I just bought a Trek Fuel EX 7 29er (2015) with the 15.5 inch frame because I got a deal on it I could not pass up.

I am 5'6" with a 29" inseam, 145lbs. I previously rode a Giant Talon 4 2016 small.

I have not gotten to ride the bike too much, but it just visually looks pretty small. I do not feel to awfully cramped on it, but I just read that Trek's 15.5 frame is for people up to 5'3". It has the factory 90mm stem and factory post. The post is not out all the way, but I do not have exact measurements. Also, I just got home from work so don't mind the non-mtb clothing XD

Just wondering as I have a few upgrades in mind for this bike, but am hesitant due to the frame sizing. If it turns out to be too small I will be selling it (after I get the rear shock rebuilt)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Frame size is subjective and subject to preference. I'm 5'5" and I find the 15.5" Trek Fuel EX to be way too small. I can hardly stand over the 17.5" but the reach is too short on the 15.5" for me. Trek is actually the only "small" size bike that doesn't fit me.

A 90mm stem on a trail mountain bike is pretty dated. I hope you got an unbelievable deal (aka, I hope you didn't pay more than about $600 for that bike).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frame size is subjective and subject to preference. I'm 5'5" and I find the 15.5" Trek Fuel EX to be way too small. I can hardly stand over the 17.5" but the reach is too short on the 15.5" for me. Trek is actually the only "small" size bike that doesn't fit me.

A 90mm stem on a trail mountain bike is pretty dated. I hope you got an unbelievable deal (aka, I hope you didn't pay more than about $600 for that bike).
Yea I paid right around that actually. After a shock rebuild and some little touches I'll be in around 800 on it, which is right around market value so I should at least be able to get my money back out of it, worst case scenario.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welp, ended up flipping a few things on the side for some profits and went a different direction. Me on my new Jeffsy AL Comp 29er. Already took it for a ride, a million times better. Footwear Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.