Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
You're fine. Just wrap the chain stay to prevent further damage and so you're not looking at it every time you ride. Lots of products for this, I prefer the helicopter tape type of products. The first big scratch is always the hardest!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
As mentioned, keep your drivetrain clean. That can be another contributing factor to chainsuck.

I wouldn't be surprised if your chain was already worn out. I blew through a Sram PC-1051 chain in 275 miles last season. My bike was set up 1x with the chain as short as possible, like yours, which both make chains wear faster. Having a 1x drivetrain means your chain is more often used in extreme angles than a 2x or 3x drivetrain, and having the chain as short as possible means that each link is getting used more than if the chain was longer. I wouldn't be surprised at all if your chain was worn out and not wanting to release off your N/W chainring (which is designed to retain a chain). I'd bet a new chain and drivetrain cleaning would solve your chainsuck issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.