Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Long Ridge OSP - just off the main fire road (near the junction with the switchbacks that climb up from the Jikoji Zen Center pond) - there’s a small singletrack braid (with a fun little rocky section). MROSD has taken it upon themselves to signpost both ends of this tiny braid - barely 100 feet in length - with “No Bikes”, “No Horses” signs.

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,453 Posts
I guess they ran out of the "Closed, Not Trail" signs they littered El Corte de Madera Creek (Skeggs) with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If the signs bug you, wait til you encounter their new electric motorcycle riding rangers toting speed guns and handing out tickets.

Their behavior over the last year has resulted in my family withdrawing our donations to them.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
In Long Ridge OSP - just off the main fire road (near the junction with the switchbacks that climb up from the Jikoji Zen Center pond) - there’s a small singletrack braid (with a fun little rocky section). MROSD has taken it upon themselves to signpost both ends of this tiny braid - barely 100 feet in length - with “No Bikes”, “No Horses” signs.

View attachment 1929112
Yes they are, in response to the title question.

I love that little braid. Probably the most technical trail in Long Ridge OSP, now illegal, and definitely a flagged Strava segment.

Just like the vehicle code provides cops with various tools to make pretext stops (i.e., validating cops' "hunches"), MROSD loves erecting these signs to provide rangers with more opportunities to get us for ... something, anything.

Random question: Why do cyclists need to wear helmets but equestrians do not?

·
Mtbr Founder
34,826 Posts
On top of Montebello trail, there are two lookouts with amazing views of the valley. One near Bella Vista trail has a 360 degree view. About 50 yards long each.

Both have 'no bikes' signposts on them. I've never seen people there since they are so far from parking lots.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes they are, in response to the title question.

I love that little braid. Probably the most technical trail in Long Ridge OSP, now illegal, and definitely a flagged Strava segment.

Just like the vehicle code provides cops with various tools to make pretext stops (i.e., validating cops' "hunches"), MROSD loves erecting these signs to provide rangers with more opportunities to get us for ... something, anything.

Random question: Why do cyclists need to wear helmets but equestrians do not?
That was a fun little section that you could ride either way to at least get a little challenge. Although it did get worn down a lot and got easier. Now it is protected and I can finally sleep at night.
Maybe we can make stickers and just cover the signs up?

·
always licking the glass
2,656 Posts

View attachment 1929112
Wow, they really hate us. That doesn’t hurt anyone at all. I loved that little section and it’s so much better than the fireroad.

I get it if it was something they cut off to everyone to allow it to restore and grow back, but no bikes only? Man talk about an organization that exists only to kiss its own ass.

·
All fat, all the time.
9,014 Posts
That was a fun little section that you could ride either way to at least get a little challenge. Although it did get worn down a lot and got easier. Now it is protected and I can finally sleep at night.
Maybe we can make stickers and just cover the signs up? View attachment 1929214
Do it.;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
noMAD man
12,115 Posts
I used to bemoan my state's lack of public land access due to our history of being a republic...Texas...but as time has moved on I've seen more and more off road opportunities open up in state parks, city land, private land, and others. Now when I go out west to our public lands I see more and more Nazi style control of the public land than I would have anticipated from local, state, and fed sources.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts