Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
REI has a huge Memorial sale. 20% off one item though so you'd still be paying full pop for one of the brakes.
With REI it's always "20% off one full priced item". With brakes, depending on what you're looking for, Jenson has permanently lower prices on things like SLX and XT (Jenson $95 m8000, REI $123 m8000) so the 20% off sale just doesn't get you anywhere.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
With REI it's always "20% off one full priced item". With brakes, depending on what you're looking for, Jenson has permanently lower prices on things like SLX and XT (Jenson $95 m8000, REI $123 m8000) so the 20% off sale just doesn't get you anywhere.
I've only seen 20% off at REI during sales. They normally do apply 10% of FULL PRICE items toward your end of year dividend, though.
I have noticed that XT brakes are almost always discounted at many dealers.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Reactions: noapathy

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Pretty sure every retailer uses any holiday as an excuse for a sale.

Just as a reminder, Memorial Day is for those who have died for this country.
Yes, especially appliances.

I was at the National Museum of the Marine Corps recently, and walked through an exhibit out front honoring service men/women who lost their lives in combat arenas, since 2001. Very touching exhibit, as families provided photos for display.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Meh, between Jenson and Backcountry, there's almost always a similar deal on Shimano stuff here in the US.
their extra 10% make it a good deal compared to current prices in the US, but I'm sure it will come down since I'm not really confident they are selling as much as they thought they would, too late to the party and with sram now releasing the axs it's hard to justify going shimano over eagle that can later be upgraded to axs once prices go down

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.