Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JimC. said:
where now? I've seen AZ and Norshore and Whizzler seated rolling near-suicides. Jim

BTW, use 10-w-40 on the rotors, works great.
Right after first turn on corkscrew, just before that insane jump. I would have rode right by him but he was blocking the whole damn trail. Actually we all had a good ride, but damn it was wet. By the time we got to the bottom of team pangor there was 6" of water running down the trail, so a second run was out of the question. We didn't even think about running CBC, though I still saw cars going up there. Finally got my bike dialed in, new fork is awsome, sticky tires amaze me, chain is too long LOL We gotta ride Jimbo
 

· There's no app for this.
Joined
·
5,368 Posts
I didn't know

youse were up here. :rolleyes:
That's a fairly good place to break yer neck or spine.

Last weekend was miserable, I guess a little payback for a nice Feb-March.

Lemme know when you're OK to ride, Jim
 

· Keep The Rubber Side Down
Joined
·
1,682 Posts
you crack smoker!

I wasn't sitting down when I endo'ed. Rotr-no-more was there and can confirm that. I was way off the back of the bike but I stuffed my front wheel behind a rock. In fact, the only times I encountered any problems was when some country-western/fat/goofie looking rider was ahead of me stopping! :p I have a bruise on my right thight, but otherwise I'm fine.

I WAS going to tell you that I can get you a heavier spring for the RAM in increments of 50#s all the way up to 700#s, but now all you'll have is that goofie John Deer hat! :p :D :p
 

· Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
man you guys must post pictures.....some of us are not as literate as you....pictures go a long way
Ok here's a mental picture... black guy, yellow coat, bike stops on a small roll, black guy goes a$$ over tea kettle, lands on only rock in the middle of the trail :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mellow Yellow said:
I wasn't sitting down when I endo'ed. Rotr-no-more was there and can confirm that. I was way off the back of the bike but I stuffed my front wheel behind a rock. In fact, the only times I encountered any problems was when some country-western/fat/goofie looking rider was ahead of me stopping! :p I have a bruise on my right thight, but otherwise I'm fine.

I WAS going to tell you that I can get you a heavier spring for the RAM in increments of 50#s all the way up to 700#s, but now all you'll have is that goofie John Deer hat! :p :D :p
Don't be dissin my JD hat mudda fugga
 

· Keep The Rubber Side Down
Joined
·
1,682 Posts
No cameras, please

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
man you guys must post pictures.....some of us are not as literate as you....pictures go a long way
Usually, I'm good for a weekends worth of picture taking. Yoda and I both brought our digital cameras; but the rain was so heavy that neither of us wanted to take any chances of damaging our cameras by taking them out of their safe and dry cases. Hell, I still have armor that's wet and/or muddy. :D Sorry, no pictures today. :(
 

· Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mellow Yellow said:
a pitch fork and some hay hanging out of your mouth and you'll be set!
<img src=https://sick.cirilo.net/images/american_gothic.jpg>
Jayzus you'd think I was born in a barn or some...... er uh, cough. Hey I quit chewin that's a start :rolleyes:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JimC. said:
youse were up here. :rolleyes:
That's a fairly good place to break yer neck or spine.

Last weekend was miserable, I guess a little payback for a nice Feb-March.

Lemme know when you're OK to ride, Jim
I left ya a post on brakes, should have sent you an email instead, though I was not 100% sure I was going to make the ride. I hade to make some adapters for my 20mm hub to fit my truing stand on the lathe..... I know I could have bought some. Anyways, now that my bike is operating properly I can come up anytime you feel like getting dirty. Just fire me an email, or I'll fire you one like i was supposed to (more wet lashes....argh)
 

· Keep The Rubber Side Down
Joined
·
1,682 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top