Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I need some help from those of you having experience building wheels with paired spoke hubs. Specifcally I have a 24 hole Rolf Dolomite disc front hub that I want to have laced (by my LBS) to a new 24 hole Sun Zero Degree Lite 26" rim with traditional spacing. Is this gonna work given that the rim eyelets are not spaced for paired spokes and thus will not align in pairs along the rim? I'm just looking to use this wheel for light XC, but I am a clydesdale.

Thanks for any feedback and advise. - Scott :D

·
Registered
327 Posts
I can't remember the drilling on a Rolf hub off the top of my head, but as long as the holes in the hub are evenly spaced, it will be fine. If the holes in the hub are paired, it is still possible, but the shop is going to hate you because the spoke lengths are going to be all over the place.

A clyde riding a 24h wheel is generally not recommended though. You'd probably be better off selling the hub on ebay and using the proceeds towards a whole new prebuilt wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.