Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the time, no :D

In fairness to AteMrYeats (henceforth, AMY), he was riding the some of the hardest stuff (Bear Wallow) of one of the hardest trail systems (Elizabeth Furnace) within an hour and a half of DC...on his fixie (and clearing just as much of it as us, if not more). Someone's picked up some skills by riding his fixie exclusively!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
fixie mtbing is sick.
I've been playing on the road, and it's a whole new game, but a fun one.

hey ricky, where was the stack? I expected to see a stack, that was a pretty damn nice piece of technical riding on that. It was very sweeet.


have a great new year

respect
fm
 

·
King Pin
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
Tuck the bone back in and ride on. Laughter is warranted only afterwards, IMO.

Wazzat squealy front brake though??? Dayum. My Avid Mech on the Vulture ninety sixie fixie doesn't exhibit that behaviour......
 

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Inspired by Padre's switchback video, we goofed off making one as well. VERY easy looking on video, it proved harder to do than we expected. BTW, when AMY falls, he smacks his kneecap on a rock, hard enough to draw blood. The cameraman, Crashmasta, made it on his first attempt on a 26er. I think I need to go back to mine as well ;)

We rode for 25 miles and a little over 4 hours. It was a great way to end the year. Cheers, and a good new one for y'all!

rickyd

ps - this vid is much longer (~35 MB)
 

·
DiscoCowboy
Joined
·
342 Posts
Not only is that lame...

but damn do you guys suck a disgrace to big wheels. Me, I'm going back to small wheels, it's taking some getting used to the lightining quick steering though.



Drevil said:
Inspired by Padre's switchback video, we goofed off making one as well. VERY easy looking on video, it proved harder to do than we expected. BTW, when AMY falls, he smacks his kneecap on a rock, hard enough to draw blood. The cameraman, Crashmasta, made it on his first attempt on a 26er. I think I need to go back to mine as well ;)

We rode for 25 miles and a little over 4 hours. It was a great way to end the year. Cheers, and a good new one for y'all!

rickyd

ps - this vid is much longer (~35 MB)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
804 Posts
xrmattaz said:
Tuck the bone back in and ride on. Laughter is warranted only afterwards, IMO.

Wazzat squealy front brake though??? Dayum. My Avid Mech on the Vulture ninety sixie fixie doesn't exhibit that behaviour......
The brake pads were saturated with water from all of the snow and slop we had to slog through before making this video. Once the water burns off, they are silent.
 

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fatmarc said:
fixie mtbing is sick.
I've been playing on the road, and it's a whole new game, but a fun one.

hey ricky, where was the stack? I expected to see a stack, that was a pretty damn nice piece of technical riding on that. It was very sweeet.

have a great new year

respect
fm
No shot of the stack unfortunately, but the audio was good. Rest assured, he was curled in the fetal position when he yelled that stuff at the end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,931 Posts
hurt is relative

Drevil said:
Most of the time, no :D

In fairness to AteMrYeats (henceforth, AMY), he was riding the some of the hardest stuff (Bear Wallow) of one of the hardest trail systems (Elizabeth Furnace) within an hour and a half of DC...on his fixie (and clearing just as much of it as us, if not more). Someone's picked up some skills by riding his fixie exclusively!
Right-click and save

Camera(wo)man laughs.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top